Machine Learning Project Manager - KintsugiView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Machine Learning Project Manager
- Job Location
- Berkeley, CA - Remote
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Kintsugi is on a mission to scale access to mental healthcare for all. We are developing novel voice biomarker software to detect signs of depression and anxiety from short clips of free form speech. Awarded multiple distinctions for AI technology and recently named one of Forbes’ Top 50 AI companies to watch in 2022 and Fierce 15 in 2023, Kintsugi helps to close mental health care gaps across risk-bearing health systems, ultimately saving time and lives.
At Kintsugi, we believe that mental health is just as important as physical health. We exist to ensure that everyone who needs mental healthcare has access to the right care at the right time.
About the Team
We're a female-founded organization, united and driven by our shared passion to revolutionize access to mental healthcare. Our mission is ambitious, and each member of our team wears multiple hats and plays a pivotal role. As an early-stage, Series A startup, we offer exciting growth opportunities and the chance to make a real impact. Join us to embark on a rewarding journey, learning and growing alongside our dedicated team of trailblazers.
Our Machine Learning team is seeking a Project Manager to lead our team operations and support our fast-paced, cutting-edge ML development in building voice analysis technologies. As the ML Project Manager, you will work closely with the ML Engineers to guide end-to-end model development, while identifying blockers and bottlenecks. You will also collaborate cross-functionally with the Software Engineering and Product teams to plan and prioritize strategic initiatives. We are looking for someone who shares our passion for ethical applications of AI and is eager to channel that enthusiasm into advancing the capabilities of our ML technologies, which will ultimately significantly impact accessibility to mental health care.
Kintsugi offers a holistic total rewards package designed to support our employees in all aspects of their life inside and outside of work. The expected base salary for this position will range from $88,000 - $120,000 + Equity. Actual compensation may vary from posted base salary depending on your confirmed job-related skills and experience.
- Develop, maintain, and enforce ML staff onboarding documentation and processes
- Support ML staff in establishing standard procedures for model development, data management, and deployment with the software engineering team
- Manage the ML task workspace (ClickUp), managing critical dependencies, and backlog
- Set up and monitor dashboards to track operational metrics and identify bottlenecks throughout the entire model development process
- Manage organization and documentation of our ML experiments, tracking, and model registry
- Facilitate all ML meetings, build agendas, take notes, and capture key action items
- Oversee biweekly retrospectives with the team and collaborate with the Engineering Manager to enchance operational efficiency
- Assemble monthly reports highlighting key achievements, current model performance, and operational challenges faced by the team
- Occasionally attend meetings and respond to communications outside of typical working hours
- At least 3 years of experience managing commercial research and development project(s) with a focus on deep-learning in a fast paced environment with evolving and sometimes ambitious requirements (start-up experience is a bonus)
- A minimum of 3 years of experience managing projects within Jira, ClickUp, or similar software
- High level understanding of deep learning techniques, frameworks, and common challenges
- Experience with cloud (GCP, AWS, or similar) technologies,
- Experience with end-to-end ML Operations from business requirements to robust models in production
- Extensive experience with Kanban and Agile development methodologies
- Experience with ML experiment tracking software (Weights & Biases, MLFlow, or similar) is a bonus
We have recently been made aware of online solicitations falsely using the Kintsugi name and trademarks that are pretending to hire potential applicants. This includes fake job descriptions and impersonation of our Recruitment team's profiles.
Please only respond to messages received from the kintsugihealth.com domain. All legitimate career opportunities are posted on this page. If you’d like to flag any suspicious activity, please forward it to email@example.com.
Further, if you have provided personally identifiable information (such as social security number, bank numbers or credit card information) to an unauthorized party, please contact one of the following agencies to report this disclosure and receive guidance on any further actions you should take to protect your identity:
- FTC toll free hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- FTC online complaint form (http://www.ftc.gov/)
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center (http://www.ic3.gov/)
- Non-emergency number for your local police department.
Kintsugi on Diversity
Kintsugi Mindful Wellness, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity in all its forms. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, genetic information, veteran or disability status.
We are committed to recruit, hire, and develop an exceptional team of individuals aligned by a common vision of the future of computing. We recognize that our team is strongest when we respect and embrace differences while cultivating a culture of inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, orientation, beliefs, and life experiences that make us unique. Our diversity is what drives our greatest achievements.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Kintsugi Headquarters Location
Kintsugi Company Size
Between 20 - 50 employees
Kintsugi Founded Year
Kintsugi Total Amount Raised
Kintsugi Funding RoundsView funding details