Machine Learning Engineer - JustAnswerView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Machine Learning Engineer
- Job Location
- Lviv / Uzhhorod / remote
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
We are a San Francisco based company founded in 2003. Our mission is simple: we help people. We have democratized professional services by connecting customers with verified and vetted Experts who provide reliable answers at any hour and on any budget. JustAnswer members enjoy round-the-clock access to 12,000+ doctors, lawyers, tech support, mechanics, vets, home repair pros, and more. In the last 15 years, we have helped 10 million customers in 196 countries by answering more than 16 million questions. Our investors are Charles Schwab, Crosslink Capital, and Glynn Capital Management.
About the Role
We are looking for a Machine Learning Engineer for our ML team that is primarily working on various supervised and reinforced ML problems. The team is developing models for text classification, clustering and regression tasks. Working knowledge of Bayesian statistics and reinforcement learning algorithms is a plus.
As a ML engineer you will have a unique opportunity to not only work on existing datasets that span for years of historical customer data, gather and analyze new features best suitable for your tasks and train state of the art ML models, but also help build new processes to collect the required data points and collaborate with other teams to integrate your ML models into Web, mobile or database applications.
We are looking for a software engineer with substantial experience in ML and good understanding of ML models. While our ML group, you will be joining, might not be very big, but it’s growing fast, and you will have a chance to work with over 200 engineers in other teams that use our ML models. We are passionate about ML and its applications and are looking for a colleague that believes in all the benefits AI can bring to us and our customers.
What You’ll Do
- Gathering and analyzing data sources; developing data insights and preparing data for use in ML algorithms
- Building scalable and efficient models on large datasets to solve various classification, clustering or regression tasks
- Using state of the art ML techniques and applying transfer learning
- Integrating ML models into existing or new applications using the CI/CD approach
- Maintenance of ML models in production environment (monitoring, performance optimizations, tracking etc.)
What We’re Looking for
- 3+ years experience developing ML models
- 2+ years of full-stack development preferably in a startup engineering environment using various programming languages
- Deep understanding of ML algorithms and concepts. Ability to efficiently use deep learning. Record of solving problems with these methods
- Proficiency in solving of NLP problems
- Strong proficiency in querying and manipulating large datasets for analytical purposes using SQL
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good communication and relationship skills
- Strong proficiency in Python for ML
- Proficiency with data visualization tools
- Bachelor's Degree - preferably a Master's or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, or Information Systems
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Promotes co-creation and encourages others to participate; works smoothly across all levels and departments
- Manages time and meetings effectively, properly leveraging managers' time
- Excellent interpersonal and service-oriented skills
- Proactively shares appropriate level of information across teams
- Actively listens to others and ensures they are understood
- Strong organization skills
- Self-starter who is action-oriented and leads by example
- High-level of accountability and acts an owner, develops effective short and long-term plans and goals
- Provides timely, effective and meaningful feedback that motivates others to improve performance
Why Join the Team
With 1,000 employees and a Glassdoor rating of 4.5 (Oh yes, check it out here!), we are growing at an amazing pace. Our hiring criteria: Smart. Fun. Get things done. We love what we do and celebrate our success together, best of all, you get to work at a hot company that’s (drum roll, please) profitable!
Our JustAnswer Promise
We strive together to make the world a better place, one answer at a time. JustAnswer's mission is to help people. We do this by connecting our members with verified Experts to help answer life's questions and solve problems. It’s not every day in your life that you get to be a part of a simple yet powerful mission. We pride ourselves in doing things the JA Way.
Data driven: Data decides, not egos
Courageous: We take risks and challenge the status quo
Innovative: We 're constantly learning, creating, and adapting
Lean: We focus on customers, using lean testing to learn how to serve them best
Humble: Past success is not a guarantee of future success
If these things matter to you, come join the team here at JustAnswer!
Perks and Benefits
- Time off throughout the year (paid and unpaid)
- Professional development support and encouragement
- Resources to help improve your overall well-being
- Free membership to dive into JA product
JustAnswer UA has adopted a remote-first work environment from all UA regions. Some teams do occasionally have the option to meet in-person for teaming, collaboration, or social events.
Our philosophy as a business is to put people’s safety and wellbeing first. In response to Covid-19, JustAnswer UA practices 100% virtual recruiting and onboarding processes.
Our Commitment to Diversity
At JustAnswer, we embrace workplace diversity. We believe that diversity drives richer insights, fuels innovation, and creates better outcomes. We are committed to attracting and developing an engaged and inclusive workforce. Team members from diverse backgrounds and unique perspectives are crucial to the JustAnswer mission of helping all people. Individuals seeking career opportunities at JustAnswer are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
JustAnswer Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
JustAnswer Company Size
Between 500 - 1,000 employees
JustAnswer Founded Year
JustAnswer Total Amount Raised
JustAnswer Funding RoundsView funding details