Legal Summer Intern, Privacy and Product (Remote) - 23andMeView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Legal Summer Intern, Privacy and Product (Remote)
- Job Location
- Sunnyvale, CA
- Job Description
During our summer internship program, you’ll join our Privacy & Product legal team who will work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a broad range of responsibilities to provide guidance to product, engineering and security teams on applicable global privacy regulations. You’ll have the opportunity to develop skills such as legal research, balance legal and business risk, and work cross functionally in a corporate setting. The dates for Cohort 1 will be June 5, 2023 - August 18, 2023; the dates for Cohort 2 will be June 20, 2023 - September 1, 2023.
Who We Are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding. We are looking for an exceptional individual to join us as a legal intern.
What You’ll Do
Under the mentorship and supervision of 23andMe attorneys, you will
- Contribute to the analysis and development of compliance programs under the FTC Act, HHS regulations, EU data protection regulations, and state consumer protection laws
- Assist with the production of privacy policies, SOPs, and guidelines related to 23andMe’s privacy information management system
- Research and write legal and policy memoranda on novel areas of health and genetics law related to current business practices and product initiatives
- Create materials used to provide guidance and training to cross functional stakeholders
- Attend meetings and present your findings to key internal stakeholders!
What You’ll Bring
- Pursuing your J.D. at an accredited law school
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage projects effectively
- Demonstrated interest and/or experience with data privacy
- Bonus points for CIPP certification, and exposure to or interest in healthcare, life sciences, and/or technology
- Team player with a growth mindset
- Love working with people, and people love working with you
- Authorization to work in the US
Please share with us why you're interested in this opportunity in a cover letter!
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample. The cover letter should state their experience and interest within data privacy, and why they are interested in the internship. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
23andMe, headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, is a leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the company’s mission is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has pioneered direct access to genetic information as the only company with multiple FDA authorizations for genetic health risk reports. The company has created the world’s largest crowdsourced platform for genetic research, with 80 percent of its customers electing to participate. The platform also powers the 23andMe Therapeutics group, currently pursuing drug discovery programs rooted in human genetics across a spectrum of disease areas, including oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases, in addition to other therapeutic areas. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.
23andMe Headquarters Location
Mountain View, CA
23andMe Company Size
Between 500 - 1,000 employees
23andMe Founded Year
23andMe Funding Rounds
Post Ipo Equity