Legal Operations Lead - Abnormal SecurityView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Legal Operations Lead
- Job Location
- Remote - USA
- Job Description
Abnormal Security’s Head of Legal is looking for a Legal Operations Lead to join Abnormal’s growing legal team.
Abnormal Security’s Legal team works to proactively address legal issues so that we can continue to protect our customers from cyber crime. Efficient, innovative, and effective Legal Operations has been the backbone of our growing team; shipping excellent experiences to users and consumers of our Legal services is in our team’s DNA. We strive to live Abnormal Security's values, develop relationships across the company, and operate with a business partner mindset. We develop a strong understanding of business strategy, have a passion for helping others, and deliver forward-thinking, efficient, customer contracting experiences, making us an invaluable resource.
The Legal Operations Lead will report to the Head of Legal and will sharpen our focus on delivering value through innovative process design, supported by technology and automation. This professional will create and execute a vision to build a world-class legal operations function. You will be responsible for the strategic technologies and operational functions of the legal team and will work with your Legal teammates and cross-functional leaders to implement key systems, optimize processes, manage projects. You will create objectives and performance metrics for both Legal Operations and the broader team to ensure that our programs are delivering results that meet our goals.
Who you are
Our ideal candidate will take initiative, operate with resourcefulness, and thrive on executing the processes, systems, and platforms of the Legal team. Most importantly, they have a true desire to be helpful and go above and beyond to solve challenges. This role is based in the United States and may be fully remote. You are:
- An individual who is energized by operationalizing and executing, and who has a strong capacity for leading yourself and the teams you support;
- A product manager’s mindset to process design and delivery;
- Team-first collaborator and consensus builder with a strong work ethic;
- At home in startup environments; able to perform under pressure and with fluidity as the company quickly grows;
- A clear communicator who can deliver information and advice in a way that business people can understand and use to take action;
- A person who shows up with grace, empathy, and a positive attitude no matter the circumstances;
- A strategic thinker with strong organizational skills and desire to make legal processes more efficient;
- Exercise excellent business judgment;
- Client-centric and pragmatic approach to handling complex legal issues;
- Committed to demonstrating our core principles and mission on a daily basis.
What you’ll do
In this role, you will work at the intersection of cybersecurity, privacy, enterprise software, and the cloud office. You’ll support legal operational initiatives to deliver strategic value to the Legal team and rest of the organization.
Your ability to do the following will drive your success as Legal Operations Lead:
Contract Management (CLM)
Ensure that all of Abnormal is able to engage in high-velocity digital contracting and transacting, enabling the business to efficiently create the relationships it needs to pursue its mission while managing to an optimal risk profile.
- Provide data, dashboards, and reports.
- Support users in requesting, processing, and securing contracts.
- Provide training on contracts and contracting processes.
- Generate templates, forms, tools, and guides to create efficiencies and provide opportunities for self-service.
- Partner closely with attorneys on the Legal team and business stakeholders to understand the needs and develop solutions that scale alongside the business.
Legal Operations, Strategic, and Data Initiatives
- Responsible for development, implementation and enhancement of department processes, systems, and tools.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive departmental communications plan (e.g. newsletters, announcements, and messages from department leadership).
- Translate team goals and priorities into a strategic plan, key metrics and subsequently drive, track, and report progress of such plan.
- Drive the development of monthly and quarterly business metrics and provide operational analysis through reports and dashboards. Support department planning by tracking and reporting on key department metrics, business analysis and industry benchmarking.
Legal Technology and Information Management
- Own legal technology solutions, such as CLM, records management, matter management, e-billing and workflow automation tools, to drive efficiency, collaboration and departmental alignment.
- Liaise cross-functionally to identify, implement, integrate, build automation, and optimize applications and tools to provide our Abnormal clients with a great customer contracting experience.
- Centralize, formalize, and update various information that should be accessible to the entire team including the contract playbooks and templates.
- Develop and curate a multi-year process improvement and technology roadmap that supports the legal team’s mission and objectives, partnering with cross-functional teams to ensure those priorities become reality.
- Assess, implement, and maintain best-in-breed technologies and processes to drive efficiencies in the department’s delivery of legal services.
Legal Team Budget Management Support
Partner with and support Head of Legal, and our Finance team in financial management work, including budget and annual planning, expense management efforts, conducting expense reviews, forecasting, budget-to-actual variance analysis, and reporting on costs, savings, and spotting trends.
Experience and qualifications you’ll need
- 8+ years of relevant legal operations experience (gained ideally at a SaaS or other high growth software company) in roles of increasing responsibility.
- B.A. or B.S. required; J.D. or MBA preferred. Sigma or Lean Six Sigma Certification, or product management experience, a plus.
- Ability to be proactive, resourceful, responsive, and efficient.
- Experience implementing, designing workflows, and scaling legal technology solutions (e.g. CLM, workflow automation, spend management, e-signature processes, amongst others).
- Strong collaboration skills to interact across all levels of the organization and with external vendors, clients, and government entities; client-service orientation.
- Exceptionally organized and detail oriented; a high-level of accuracy in work.
- Exceptional project planning and management skills.
- Experience implementing process redesign and improvement initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to design systems that drive toward compliance.
- Ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
- Ability to demonstrate sound and independent judgment, strategic thinking, and problem-solving.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize and reprioritize among the same.
- Experience selecting and using legal technology, and general productivity tools.
About Abnormal Security
We’re the world’s fastest-growing cybersecurity company, dedicated to making the world a safer place, one inbox at a time. Through applying ML, AI, and behavioral data science to the cybersecurity space, we’re leading the charge on protecting the modern workplace from all types of attacks. We operate from a customer-obsessed mindset, dedicated to creating a best-in-class product that delivers on its promise, and our customers love us for it.
We take the same approach with our team as we do with our customers. We’re committed to designing an employee experience that provides interesting and challenging problems to work on in a supportive, low-ego environment. Our seasoned, successful leadership team is passionate about providing endless opportunities for every team member to learn and grow, and our entire company is committed to being 1% better every day. With 4.9 stars on Glassdoor and several recently announced workplace awards, our team thinks it’s going pretty well so far!
We know that it’s our team that makes us successful - and we’re just getting started! You can read more about our Foundations team here.
Far from gathering dust in some forgotten corner, our values serve as our operating principles for every team member. We clearly define what values drive us, so our entire team works from the same foundation and understanding. From the CEO to the interns, all of us are held accountable to our VOICE Framework.
Taking care of our team goes beyond the office. Our compensation and benefits philosophy is designed to put attract, motivate, and retain top talent:
- Compensation targeted to the 75th percentile (for both base salary and equity) - If we want top performers to join and stay with us, we need to pay accordingly. We pay at the 75th percentile (for both base salary and equity) of our competitive market, and we benchmark to higher cost of living cities (such as San Francisco and New York) no matter where our team members live. We standardize our pay, meaning we pay for the role and level, not for any particular individual’s ability to interview or negotiate well.
- Equity is an important part of our total comp strategy - When the company does well, we all do well. Equity is an important and exciting part of our total compensation strategy as a pre-IPO startup. We’re guided by the belief our team members should share in the financial success of our company and grant equity accordingly.
- Unlimited PTO - All regular salaried team members enjoy unlimited PTO. We want team members to grow with us and a big part of that is making sure our team has the opportunity to rest and recharge. We also observe 12 holidays every year.
- 100% of healthcare premium costs covered - Taking care of our team goes beyond the office. We cover 100% of employee health care premium costs. If adding dependents, we contribute 75% of the health care premium cost, so you can be sure that you and your family are in the best possible health.
- Remote-first - Operating as a remote-first company means we get to work with talented folks, no matter where they live. We prioritize a balance of deep focus time with Zoom meetings, and regular in-person events.
As a fast growing startup, we continuously review, improve, and personalize our benefits offerings based on the team’s input. Don’t see something that’s important to you? Let us know!
Our Interview Process
We value transparency at Abnormal, and our interview process is no exception. You can read more about our interview process here.
If this job feels like something that’s a good fit for you, please apply via the link below. We can’t wait to meet you!
INCLUSION MATTERS: Abnormal Security is committed to creating a diverse work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Abnormal Security Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Abnormal Security Company Size
Between 500 - 1,000 employees
Abnormal Security Founded Year
Abnormal Security Total Amount Raised
Abnormal Security Funding RoundsView funding details