Legal Counsel - Commercial - ZeptoView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Legal Counsel - Commercial
- Job Location
- Australia (Remote)
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Zepto is a rapidly-scaling provider of real-time, account-to-account payments solutions for merchants, and is reimagining the way money moves through the always-on, digital-first economy.
Our growing team across Australia allows for like-minded, talented, passionate people motivated to help us deliver on our brand promise to #LevelThePayingField
At Zepto we believe in the power of positive human experiences, and that a deep sense of belonging creates cohesion in our culture. So, even in a remote-first team, you will be a contributor and custodian of that culture. You will also enjoy solving complex problems, and play a key role in creating something truly special in FinTech.
The Role You’ll Play
As our Legal Counsel (Commercial), you will have the opportunity to play a significant role in the success of Zepto.
Reporting to the Senior Legal Counsel (Commercial), your focus will be to support Zepto’s commercial and corporate legal obligations and work closely with our Commercial team to negotiate and close enterprise deals that support a win/win scenario for both Zepto and our customers and drive our long term sustainable growth.
You'll have experience working in a fast paced environment where you provide high quality legal advice, with your initial focus being on commercial contracts.
Working in a start-up, means you get the opportunity to flex your skills in a variety of ways. We are agile and always willing to roll up our sleeves to get things done. You can, however, expect your day to day to be involved in the following:
- Contract drafting, commercial negotiations and legal advisory in relation to a wide range of business transactions, including customer contracts, distribution arrangements and supplier contracts
- Prepare, advise and review of financial service disclosure documents
- Advise and review external facing commercial and Marketing materials in addition to corporate materials
- Provide legal advice and negotiation assistance for partnership deals and support with tender responses
- Provide advice on ESOP and Incentive Plan opportunities as we grow and scale the team
- Design and provide training to internal stakeholders on legal issues and contribute to upskilling our Commercial and wider team in their legal aptitude and obligations, and
- Assist with design, implementation and maintenance of legal policies and procedures and broader operational projects
What You’ll Bring to the Table
We're looking for a highly motivated lawyer who thrives in a busy, high-volume, competitive commercial market where priorities often change. You are comfortable picking up something and running with it, while having the awareness to escalate matters as appropriate. You proactively keep abreast of legislative change and can advise on the impact of change to the business.
With a tertiary qualification in Law and a current practicing certificate in an Australian State or Territory, you will bring 4+ years of legal experience to the team gained ideally within an in-house environment where you have ideally worked with large enterprise and commercial deals. You will have first rate contract drafting skills, and a demonstrated ability to negotiate commercial contracts.
You're collaborative, communicate with impact and are driven to deliver results for Zepto and our customers.
Our Zepto Benefits
As a remote-first Australian startup, you have the flexibility to work from anywhere in Australia or from our HQ in beautiful Byron Bay.
As a Zeptonian making an amazing impact to our growth and success, you'll be rewarded with:
- A remote-first flexible work culture with access to premium co-working options if you thrive in an in-person environment
- Eligibility to join our Employee Share Option Plan (ESOP) to reward you for your long term contributions to our collective success
- A Growth & Impact benefit of Growth Days for focus on personal or professional development and a contribution to your learning
- Access to our Wellbeing Menu, including Wellbeing Days and access to our Employee Assistance Program, Uprise; and
- Fast tracked career growth for outstanding contributions, impact and performance
If you'd love to join the team and be part of one of Australia's most exciting FinTech startups, apply today and we'll be in touch!
We encourage applicants from all backgrounds and are committed to treating all our job applicants fairly and with respect, irrespective of their actual or assumed background disability or any other protected characteristic.
Zepto Headquarters Location
Zepto Company Size
Between 1,000 - 5,000 employees
Zepto Founded Year
Zepto Total Amount Raised
Zepto Funding RoundsView funding details