Legal Assistant - LaikaView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Legal Assistant
- Job Location
- Hillsboro, OR
- Job Description
Under minimal supervision, the Legal Assistant is responsible for providing administrative and legal support to members of the Business & Legal Affairs department related to development, production, domestic and international distribution, marketing, branding and other corporate business and legal matters.
- Assist in legal research; draft routine letters, and other correspondence; prepare legal documents and redlines; review and edit prepared documents for accuracy.
- Manage electronic signature (including notarization, as needed), distribution, and filing processes for agreements, letters, and forms.
- Organize and oversee the implementation of a document management system; once implemented, administer systems and processes.
- Provide contract data and deal terms to executives and department heads; prepare executive summaries and decks for senior leadership and Board of Directors.
- Monitor dates of legal significance (e.g., renewals and expirations.), and communicate with departments to address.
- Create meeting agendas and circulate meeting materials.
- Maintain calendars for supported executives and schedule virtual and in-person meetings; book travel; submit expense reports.
- Work on ad hoc projects.
- 2-5 years of administrative experience in a Legal or Business Affairs setting with a desire to learn the ins and outs of entertainment law.
- Corporate legal experience preferred. Entertainment industry related experience, a plus.
- Prior experience utilizing contract management systems, required.
- Strong reasoning, communication, and collaboration skills; client-service and team oriented.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Superior grammar, drafting, editing, and proofing skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to independently prioritize work and handle multiple tasks with set deadlines.
- Ability to react with appropriate urgency to situations and events that require a quick response or turnaround.
- High level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information and professionalism in dealing with others at all levels inside and outside the Studio, required.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk; stand; sit; use hands to operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear both in person and by telephone. The employee must lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee works under typical office conditions and is exposed to variable indoor temperatures. The noise level is usually quiet or moderate.
On-site in Hillsboro, OR.
Compensation is commensurate with skills and experience.
Disclaimer The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Laika Headquarters Location
Laika Company Size
Between 200 - 500 employees
Laika Founded Year
Laika Total Amount Raised
Laika Funding RoundsView funding details