Legal Analyst - ReorgView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Legal Analyst
- Job Location
- New York, New York, United States
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
A market leader in credit intelligence, Reorg brings together journalists, financial analysts, legal analysts, technologists, and data scientists to collect and synthesize highly complex information into actionable intelligence. Since 2013, tens of thousands of professionals across hedge funds, investment banks, management consulting, and law firm verticals have come to rely on Reorg to make better, faster, and more confident decisions in pace with the fast-moving credit markets. For more information, visit: www.reorg.com
Working at ReorgConsistent with our growth, Reorg hires innovators and trailblazers across the globe to drive our business and our incredible corporate culture alike. Our core values – Action Oriented, Customer First Mindset, Effective Team Players, and Driven to Excel – define an organizational ethos that’s as high-performing as it is human. Among other perks, Reorg employees enjoy competitive health benefits, matched 401k and pension plans, Paid time off, generous parental leave, gym subsidies, educational reimbursements for career development, recognition programs, pet-friendly offices, and much more.The Role
Reorg is seeking a Legal Analyst who has a comprehensive understanding of bankruptcy and has experience focusing on large corporate restructurings in the United States. The position is in our Americas Core Credit team covering large chapter 11 cases. This is an ideal position for a mid-level or senior associate who is seeking to transition to a new career in the distressed debt/restructuring space.
What we offer
- Join a team of passionate experts
- Fast growing and innovative company
- Generous benefit package
- Day-to-day monitoring of distressed situations across the industry - each legal analyst is a generalist while simultaneously being expected to own coverage of a subset of cases
- Reporting on case developments on a short time frame and in accordance with Reorg’s style guide
- Preparing long-form analysis of legal developments
- Monitoring industry developments and trends
- Teleconferences and meetings with lawyers and investment professionals
- Representing Reorg on webinars and at industry events
- JD with a strong academic record
- A comprehensive understanding of bankruptcy law and 4+ years of bankruptcy law experience involving large chapter 11 cases.
- Experience negotiating out-of-court restructurings is a plus
- Experience analyzing debt instruments, including indentures and intercreditor agreements is a plus
- Experience clerking for a bankruptcy judge - particularly in the Southern District of New York, Delaware or the Southern District of Texas - is a plus.
- A proactive, self-starter work style and ability to interact with people from varied professional backgrounds
- A proven ability to multi-task and work both independently and as a team player in a fast-paced environment
- The willingness and ability to travel occasionally for court hearings and other industry events
At Reorg, we consider a range of factors in connection with compensation decisions, including experience, skills, location, and our business needs and limitations. As a result, compensation may vary within and across similar roles and positions. Please note that the salary range information below is a good faith estimate for this position and actual compensation for any individual may fall outside this range if warranted by the circumstances applicable to that individual. If we identify a role that would be suitable for a broader range of skills and experience such that we would consider hiring at multiple levels then the range listed below may reflect that breadth.
The salary range estimate for this position is $150,000 - $200,000 plus an annual bonus.
The actual compensation will be at Reorg’s sole discretion and will be determined by the aforementioned and other relevant factors. This position is eligible for an annual year-end performance bonus.
Reorg provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Reorg complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Reorg Headquarters Location
New York, NY
Reorg Company Size
Between 200 - 500 employees
Reorg Founded Year
Reorg Total Amount Raised
Reorg Funding RoundsView funding details