Lead UX Designer - NianticView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Lead UX Designer
- Job Location
- Los Angeles, CA
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Niantic is seeking an experienced UX Designer to help create cutting-edge AR experiences for wearables. You will be responsible for designing interaction flows, rapid prototypes, conducting research, and building innovative solutions for the next generation of immersive hardware. In this role, you will work with an accomplished creative team to build games that blend the real and virtual worlds, and to shape the future of spatial computing and location-aware content.
- Brainstorm ideas and create prototypes to help find creative solutions to AR, MR and HMD experience challenges.
- Create user interaction design systems, UX flow wireframes and style guides for an exciting new initiative.
- Champion excellent UX design methods and philosophies throughout the development process, including accessibility, inclusivity, and player-centered design.
- Collaborate with game design, art, engineering and QA to build cutting-edge room-scale experiences.
- Conduct user research and usability studies to help refine and fine-tune the experience towards product goals.
- 5+ years user experience design within the interactive or gaming industry.
- A deep understanding of design concepts and challenges for HMDs (AR/VR/MR).
- Ability to create interaction flow wireframes based on a high level product spec.
- Experience working with UX visual prototyping tools to establish workflow and build consensus.
- A college degree in a related field.
- Experience with technical implementation, huge plus if in Unity.
- Knowledge of products in competitive areas in similar genres to Niantic's portfolio.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich. #LI-HYBRID
Niantic Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Niantic Company Size
Between 500 - 2,000 employees
Niantic Founded Year
Niantic Funding Rounds