Lead UX Designer - HiddenLayerView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Lead UX Designer
- Job Location
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
ABOUT THE ROLE:
HiddenLayer is embarking on an exhilarating phase, and we are on the lookout for a Senior Staff UX Designer to spearhead the UX design of pioneering cybersecurity solutions aimed at safeguarding the world's artificial intelligence from adversarial machine learning threats. In this capacity, you will collaborate closely with trailblazers in data science and cybersecurity threat research in a rapidly evolving domain.
As a Senior Staff UX Designer at HiddenLayer, you will be instrumental in shaping, refining, and delivering HiddenLayer’s MLSec Platform, ensuring robust protection of Machine Learning Models against cybersecurity threats.
WHO WE ARE:
HiddenLayer protects the world’s most valuable technologies from adversarial AI attacks. We were founded by AI professionals and security specialists with first-hand experience of how insidious adversarial AI attacks can be to detect and defend against. Determined to prove that these attacks were preventable, the team developed a unique, patent-pending, productized solution to support organizations in accelerating their adoption of AI securely.
Our dedication to innovation has been recognized by prestigious awards such as RSA's Innovation Sandbox Winner, CB Insights AI 100, CyberTech 100, and SC's Most Promising Early-Stage Start-up.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Leveraging your deep understanding of user interface design, user experience principles, and cybersecurity best practices, you will help the design and development of products that effectively address our clients' machine learning security needs while ensuring a user-friendly and engaging experience.
- Seasoned UX Design Authority: Harness your profound knowledge of UX/UI design, UX principles, and cybersecurity norms to guide the UX design of products that adeptly cater to our clients' machine learning security requirements, all while ensuring an engaging and user-centric experience.
- User-Centered Design: Conduct user studies, assimilate insights to comprehend user behaviors and preferences, and infuse this understanding into the design journey.
- Collaboration: Partner with internal teams such as engineering, data science, and threat research to define UX/UI prerequisites and ensure the delivery of top-tier product features and user experiences.
- Design Execution: Lead the design process, from wireframing and prototyping to ensuring a coherent information architecture and conducting usability tests.
- Continuous Learning: Stay updated on industry shifts, competitor offerings, and emerging technologies to ensure our solutions remain at the forefront of innovation.
- Inclusivity: Champion accessibility in design, ensuring our products are usable by individuals of all abilities.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Experienced UX/UI Designers with a track record in shaping enterprise product user experiences, preferably within the cybersecurity domain.
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Design, HCI, Computer Science, or a related discipline.
- A robust portfolio that displays your prowess in UI and UX design, inclusive of wireframes and prototypes.
- Proficiency in tools like Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD, or equivalents.
- A deep grasp of cybersecurity and/or machine learning operational concepts and their interplay with design.
- Exceptional communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
- Prior experience in the development or launch of machine learning and/or cybersecurity products will be an advantage.
- A proactive, adaptable, and team-centric mindset.
We’re moving at (what feels like) the speed of light. HiddenLayer is a venture-backed company and recently closed a $50M funding round led by M12, Microsoft’s Venture Fund, and Moore Strategic Ventures.
Attracting and retaining the very best people is our #1 priority. That’s why we offer our team best-in-class benefits, including:
- Fully Remote: We are a completely remote global team. Though we’re distributed, we are intentional about getting the team together a couple of times a year. We offer a generous stipend for your home office setup, annual upgrades to ensure you have a comfortable workspace and a monthly stipend for internet/phone expenses.
- Comprehensive Health & Wellness Benefits: Better than your average startup healthcare benefits. With five options to choose from, of which are fully subsidized by HiddenLayer, we offer a variety of options to fit each person’s needs. We also offer vision, dental, and 401k offerings.
- Flexible Time Off: Enjoy unlimited and flexible time off for all salaried employees, in addition to 15 paid company holidays.
- Commitment to Learning and Development: We support personal growth and education through a dedicated L&D fund that can be used for training, conferences, certifications and industry events.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: We are committed to building a diverse team with individuals from various backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
HiddenLayer is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
HiddenLayer Headquarters Location
HiddenLayer Company Size
Between 20 - 50 employees
HiddenLayer Founded Year
HiddenLayer Total Amount Raised
HiddenLayer Funding RoundsView funding details