Lead Software Engineer - SmartBearView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Lead Software Engineer
- Job Location
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
At SmartBear, we deliver the complete visibility developers need to make each release better than the last. Our award winning and industry favorite tools TestComplete, Swagger, Cucumber, ReadyAPI, Zephyr are trusted by over 16 million developers, testers, and software engineers at 32,000+ organizations – including world-renowned innovators like Adobe, JetBlue, FedEx, and Microsoft.
Lead Software Engineer – JAVA Backend
Zephyr Enterprise is undergoing a transformation to better align our products to the end users’ requirements while maintaining our market leading position and strong brand reputation across the Test Management Vertical. As a Lead Software Engineer, you will be integral part of this transformation and will be solving challenging business problems and build highly scalable and available applications that provide an excellent user experience.
Here are key responsibilities of the role:
- Be the technical liaison for the team and guide the team in all technical aspects of product development.
- Providing technical thought leadership and delivering a significant impact to the business (product value) by addressing complex business problems that are business-wide and require depth and breadth of technology expertise.
- Customize, enhance, troubleshoot, and document components developed by self and others as per the requirements and design
- Conduct assessment and provide work effort estimations
- Should have experience with unit and integration testing. You believe in and encourage extensive test coverage and seek to automate testing whenever possible.
- Will be responsible for designing and conducting a high-quality code-review process and maintaining highly performant, testable code by following strong software design patterns.
- You will work with the Solution Architect, Engineering Manager and other senior developers to optimize, update, and maintain the current codes base while adding to it.
- You are very well acquainted with best practices around project deployment and educate the team about the same.
- Provide guidance and mentor developer on coding and technical aspects
- You will be helping the Engineering Manager in the hiring process by making sure that we are able to select the right team members.
- You will report to the Engineering Manager managing the team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field required.
- Total 8+ years of experience with hands on experience working in Java 8 platform or higher.
- In-depth knowledge on Spring Boot, Spring Framework, Spring MVC, Spring Security, Spring Data, and Hibernate etc.
- Good understanding of Java Reflection, IOC, AOP, and OOP / OOD etc.
- Should have strong experience working with AWS technologies like Lambda functions, SQS, SNS, RDS, DynamoDB, etc.
- Should have a sound understanding of HTML5, CSS3, CSS processors, and CSS frameworks.
- Experience with RDBMS (MSSQL, MySQL, or PostgreSQL) and NoSQL DB.
- Expertise on application security including authentication, authorization, encryption and security testing.
- Should enjoy breaking down complex problems into small tasks and PRs to deliver value safely and incrementally.
- Should consider testing, monitoring, and observability first-order priorities. Should own the code flow until the code runs in production and returns the results and metrics that are expected
- Should have very strong experience in profiling and impact analysis for code being written
- Passionate about Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and solving problems in Production.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies will be an added advantage.
- Should be able to successfully lead and implement complex change, particularly relating to software platforms and customer solutions, applying effective stakeholder management skill.
- Should have a track record of using strong analytical skills and intuition to analyze data and interpret business insights and trends. Uses data to support decision making and develop the best solutions.
- Team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Should have very strong experience in the best practices around developer tooling and workflows.
Good to Have
- Experience with Atlassian suite of Products and the related ecosystem of Plugins.
- Should have experience working with Elasticsearch server cluster optimization
- Problem solver with excellent skills in troubleshooting.
- Ability to set priorities in a multi-tasking environment.
- Passion to learn and pick-up new technologies as needs evolves.
Why you should join the SmartBear crew:
- You can grow your career at every level.
- We invest in your success as well as the spaces where our teams come together to work, collaborate, and have fun.
- We love celebrating our SmartBears; we even encourage our crew to take their birthdays off.
- We are guided by a People and Culture organization - an important distinction for us. We think about our team holistically – the whole person.
- We celebrate our differences in experiences, viewpoints, and identities because we know it leads to better outcomes.
Did you know:
- Our main goal at SmartBear is to make our technology-driven world a better place.
- SmartBear is committed to ethical corporate practices and social responsibility, promoting good in all the communities we serve.
- SmartBear is headquartered in Somerville, MA with offices across the world including Galway Ireland, Bath, UK, Wroclaw, Poland and Bangalore, India.
- We’ve won major industry(product and company) awards including best places to work
SmartBear is an equal employment opportunity employer and encourages success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical disability, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, medical condition, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other legally protected status.
SmartBear Headquarters Location
SmartBear Company Size
Between 500 - 1,000 employees
SmartBear Founded Year
SmartBear Total Amount Raised
SmartBear Funding RoundsView funding details