Lead Software Engineer - Cube DevView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Lead Software Engineer
- Job Location
- San Francisco, USA or Remote
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Cube’s mission is making the world’s data accessible and accurate.
We are a powerful tool for consuming data from modern data stores, organizing it into consistent definitions, and making it available to every application. The general idea is to replace a lot of the busywork of connecting data sources and building data visualizations so that developers can build powerful analytics applications and businesses can make decisions using up-to-the-minute information.
Cube.js, our flagship open-source tool, has 13,000 stars on GitHub, over 4,000 developers in our community Slack, and deployment in over 200,000 companies worldwide—ranging from Apple, Intel, and Walmart to fast-growing Silicon Valley startups. Our hosted offering, Cube Cloud, launched to general availability in October 2021.
We’re currently a 60-person remote-first team distributed across the US, UK, and Europe, with headquarters in San Francisco’s South Park. Having raised our Series A funding in July 2021, we’re backed by top-tier Silicon Valley funds that had previously invested in Redis, Hazelcast, Gradle, and other infrastructure software startups.
Some of the problems you'll be working on:
- Cube Cloud PaaS Infrastructure. Cube Cloud provides a platform as a service infrastructure to deploy Cube applications in production capacity at scale. Being based on AWS, GCP, Azure, and other cloud providers, it's a sophisticated cloud in cloud implementation with a lot of various infrastructure challenges.
- Maintaining Cube Cloud Enterprise SLAs. Cube Cloud provides uptime guarantees to enterprise customers, and the Infrastructure team provides technical solutions to ensure Cube Cloud stability and reliability. As a leader of Cube Cloud, you will own the SLAs and come up with new measures to make sure Cube Cloud never goes down.
- Experience building and leading software engineering teams
- Experience running large, mission-critical software in production
- Strong knowledge of distributed systems
- Understanding of major cloud environments (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Ability to write high-performant code in Go, Rust, C, C++, or another similar language
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent English
- Experience writing code in Rust
- Experience in data engineering, building analytics applications, or OLAP
- Previous startup experience or interest in working in a small fast-moving company
Cube Dev Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Cube Dev Company Size
Between 20 - 50 employees
Cube Dev Founded Year
Cube Dev Total Amount Raised
Cube Dev Funding RoundsView funding details