Lead Software Developer / Java Engineer - Banyan InfrastructureView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Lead Software Developer / Java Engineer
- Job Location
- 303 2nd Street, Suite 500N, San Francisco, California, United States
- Job Description
Banyan Infrastructure’s mission is to unlock capital for renewable infrastructure. We're the fintech solution serving a trillion dollar market by enabling banks and funds globally to invest in sustainability and net-zero targets.
Why consider this opportunity?
Our team is made up of bright, mission-driven individuals. We are passionate about using technology to solve sustainability challenges.
Banyan is growing rapidly and seeks a Lead Developer with experience using Java and JPA. You will work on our most challenging technical problems, implement greenfield new features, and guide others to navigate the challenges of tech debt, scalability, and performance. Your Agile process chops will help the team deliver fast, deliver iteratively, and deliver quality.
We value learning, curiosity, and collaboration. We believe different perspectives create better solutions, so we will always ask for yours.
This role reports to the VP, Engineering. The team works a hybrid weekly schedule based in our San Francisco office (3 days in office/2 remote) with the flexibility to adjust on an ad hoc basis.
What you’ll do:
- Develop engineering approach for features, estimate task time requirements, and identify gaps in functionality or areas of implementation risk
- Make build vs buy and other architectural decisions including system design, selection of external libraries, and interfaces with other Banyan components
- Lead projects: set technical vision; define, divide, and assign tasks and workstreams; provide direction to resolve technical roadblocks; and assure work is completed to plan
- Mentor and advise developers through collaborative design, pair programming, and code reviews
- Serve as a senior technical voice and provide expertise in cross-functional collaboration
- Build financial and cleantech subject matter expertise to help drive engineering decisions and contribute to the company’s long term strategy
- Provide architecture briefings, demo setup and execution, and data modeling for our executive and sales teams
What you’ll need:
- Strong back-end programming experience with Java and Java Persistence API (JPA)
- Experience evaluating new technologies for business relevance and viability
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple threads at the same time and deliver high-quality projects against commitments
- Clear verbal and written communication to easily explain and discuss complex concepts and ideas with team members and cross-functional partners
- Intellectual curiosity and ability to identify knowledge gaps, learn quickly, and adapt to evolving technologies
- Start-up mindset - creative problem solving and the ability to function in ambiguity with limited oversight and rapid delivery cadences
- Team orientation with a willingness and desire to help others
- Cultural and emotional intelligence to collaborate in a diverse environment with global reach
- Enthusiasm for Banyan’s mission or coding as an art; alignment with Banyan’s values
Bonus points for:
- Experience or certification as an Agile scrum master
- Experience building interfaces to third party systems
- Cloud technology experience (AWS, serverless or microservice based implementations)
We are unable to provide H1B visa sponsorship for this role. US work authorization required.
How we’ll support your growth and success:
- Work closely with the founders, executives, and cross-functional teammates
- Develop cutting edge industry expertise in fintech -- learn the ins and outs of capital markets, financial products, and the underlying technologies in block chain and smart contracts that drive the sector’s innovation
- Work on a meaningful product that will accelerate clean infrastructure deployment around the world
- Learn from and with a diverse team of smart, passionate people
Compensation: $185,000 - $225,000 DOE
Our benefits package is designed to allow team members to be their best selves, in and out of the workplace. In addition to top tier health plans, at work meal offerings, and fitness benefits, we prioritize your well-being and growth through professional development, parental leave, a flexible time off policy, and flexible work. Our headquarters is centrally located between Bart and Caltrain in San Francisco, CA.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. We'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. We believe diverse perspectives and backgrounds are critical to building great technology. Our goal is to cultivate an environment where people feel valued and respected. So, however you identify and whatever background you bring, please apply if this role would make you excited to come to work. Banyan is an equal opportunity employer.
Banyan Infrastructure Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Banyan Infrastructure Company Size
Between 20 - 100 employees
Banyan Infrastructure Founded Year
Banyan Infrastructure Total Amount Raised
Banyan Infrastructure Funding RoundsView funding details