Lead Salesforce Engineer - ChiefView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Lead Salesforce Engineer
- Job Location
- New York, NY | Miami, FL | San Francisco, CA | Boston, MA | Washington DC | Los Angeles, CA | Remote Eligible (US based)
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Chief is on a mission to change the face of leadership. Launched in 2019, Chief provides senior executive women with a vetted community of peers, a trusted support system, and business critical insights to strengthen their leadership and magnify their influence. We have been named one of Fast Company's “Most Innovative Companies” — and you can read more about us in Inc. and Forbes.
Chief is a fast-growing, Series B stage start-up backed by CapitalG, General Catalyst, Inspired Capital, Primary Ventures and other top-tier investors who believe in our vision to drive more women to the top and keep them there. We have members across the United States with flagship locations in NYC, LA, Chicago and SF.
Diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging are in our DNA, guiding everything we do and how we work. Knowing that our people are the most important driver of our success, we focus on building teams where the power of diverse voices, identities, perspectives, and experiences is celebrated.
We are tech-powered. Our members make meaningful connections, engage in compelling discussions, and view our unique content through our digital platform. Our Technology teams are building the future of that platform, with data and insights at its heart.
About the Role:
Chief is seeking an experienced Lead Salesforce Engineer to Lead our team of SFDC Developers and Admins to success by acting as an example of Agile through defining and refining our team processes. The SFDC team is responsible for supporting the Sales, Marketing and Revenue teams at Chief and we are excited to fill the role of Lead Engineer to build our instance into the system of record for operational data, and processes. Use your experience to guide, own, and grow the technical direction of CRM within Chief. This role will be responsible for leading quarterly Salesforce projects, working with the Staff Engineer and Architect to develop and drive best in class business processes as well as building customizations as we centralize operations within Salesforce.
- Collaborate with our product team to lead Quarterly Projects and implement solutions that streamline internal processes,
- Work directly with Staff Engineer and Architect to break down those solutions into tickets that iterate us towards our ideal long term designs
- Responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining automated unit testing, and supporting integration and functional testing primarily on Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, and CPQ (or Revenue Cloud)
- Maintain, evolve, and document existing Salesforce codebase and deployment processes
- Provide thoughtful code reviews and recommendations to continuously improve our stack
- Actively participate (and often time lead) in refining user stories, team retrospectives, and other agile ceremonies
- Use APEX, Visualforce and LWC to enable new functionality and extend existing apps within our organization.
- Implement and manage a modern development process from feature inception to production deployment.
- Use common web service technologies–REST, SOAP, JSON, etc.–to bring data into and out of Salesforce
- Design and develop APIs, Services, and orchestration layers to keep the platform extensible and open to external services.
- Be a role model in delivering high-quality code on-time, despite high degrees of complexity and ambiguity
- Demonstrate ownership for features post-release, including long-term deliveries and follow-up releases
- Contribute to medium and long-range plans based on the roadmap
What We’re Looking For:
- Extensive, recent and continuous hands-on experience with Salesforce developing and configuring full end to end features
- Excellent knowledge of git branching code/metadata conflict management and establishing deployment pipelines
- Experience with scaling/performance tuning of highly available, observable, and stable systems and services.
- Experience in design and development of data models and data integrity checks.
- Salesforce Platform Developer II certification, or equivalent experience.
- Experience leading a team of junior developers to enforce best coding practices
- In depth CPQ Experience and knowledge
- Excellent communicator and collaborator; able to work effectively with both technical and non-technical teams.
You Get Bonus Points For:
- Experience with Salesforce CPQ (or Revenue Cloud), experiencing migrating away from Person Account schemas
- Experience with ELT processes integrated with Salesforce.
- Proficiency with other development stacks (Node, Django, Rails, etc.)
Why You'll Want to Work Here:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Flexible vacation policy and 4.5 day work weeks
- 20 weeks of paid gender neutral parental leave
- Full medical, dental, and vision packages, 401(k)
- Opportunity to work for a startup focused on driving real change for women in business
- Opportunity to create and attend inspiring experiences and events with leaders of the industry
- Access to our ongoing virtual Chief member exclusive content, including workshops, thought leadership, and iconic speakers
- Wellness, Work from home and Learning Stipends available
While we’re committed to remaining compliant and adhering to mandates, for us, pay transparency is more than a consideration of what’s lawful and unlawful but rather, an opportunity to disclose what’s required, and what we think is a fair and equitable compensation framework.
At Chief, we want to hire, develop, and retain the best talent, making Chief a top destination to accelerate your career. Our compensation framework is a key part of our vision, and we continually revisit and invest in our philosophy and framework to ensure we remain competitive and relevant, on a quest to achieve our vision.
The pay transparency mandates, as well as our own policies and practices, are a means of narrowing the gender pay gap and fostering an engaged and positive working environment that builds trust, on our mission to change the face of leadership.
The base salary for this role is: $175,000
Chief Headquarters Location
New York, NY
Chief Company Size
Between 500 - 10,000 employees
Chief Founded Year
Chief Total Amount Raised
Chief Funding RoundsView funding details