Lead Programmer, Gameplay Tools - Epic GamesView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Lead Programmer, Gameplay Tools
- Job Location
- Cary,North Carolina,United States
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Engineering at Epic
What we do
Unreal projects have been leading the pack of real-time entertainment with our constantly growing team of engineering experts. We’re always improving on the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
What you’ll do
The Fortnite Creative Team is bringing the entire toolset of Unreal Engine and the Unreal Editor to developers and creators to make and publish experiences within Fortnite.
We’re looking for a Gameplay Systems Programmer to implement gameplay systems, APIs, and features that will allow Fortnite creators to build the next generation of amazing gameplay experiences.
In this role, you will
- Implement, augment and maintain gameplay features and systems that underpin Fortnite Creative
- Diagnose and fix memory and performance issues to unlock the full potential of Fortnite Creative for creators and players
- Solve technical challenges in the development of the Unreal Editor for Fortnite that will take Fortnite Creative experiences to the next level
- Build and maintain bridges with other teams within and outside of Fortnite Creative to help drive and maintain vision
- Look for ways to push the technology forward in new and innovative ways
- Deep-dive on various technical gameplay framework topics, ensuring that the architecture and code are robust and scalable.
What we’re looking for
- Strong C++ skills and software engineering principles
- A keen analytical mind, with strong problem-solving skills
- Experience developing AAA games or game engine technology professionally
- Self-motivated, strong work ethic, and able to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate fluently in English (written and verbal)
- You’re user-focused, passionate, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Epic Games Headquarters Location
Epic Games Company Size
Between 2,200 - 10,000 employees
Epic Games Founded Year
Epic Games Total Amount Raised
Epic Games Funding RoundsView funding details