Lead Interconnection Engineer - Pine Gate RenewablesView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Lead Interconnection Engineer
- Job Location
- Remote Office
- Job Description
Pine Gate Renewables is a leading renewable energy company focused on project development and strategic financing of solar and storage projects throughout the United States. The company’s Pine Gate Impact initiative contributes to multiple non-profit organizations aimed at improving the environment and local communities. Headquartered in Asheville, NC, Pine Gate Renewables made the Inc. 5000 list in 2021, placing at #37 and named to Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list in 2021. Pine Gate Renewables works every day to achieve its mission to “Get Solar Done.” For more information, visit pinegaterenewables.com.
Pine Gate Renewable (PGR) is seeking a Lead Interconnection Engineer who is interested in a solar and storage development strategy role. The Lead Interconnection Engineer will function as the technical subject matter expert on various mid-stage development projects and the associated interconnection requirements. Ultimately their expertise will be fundamental in successful execution of both internally derived and acquired projects.
What You’ll Do
- Be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for optimal interconnection strategies across all US markets.
- Authority in inverter behavior and impacts on electrical transmission systems (SSR, reactive power, etc) ensuring compliance with technical interconnection requirements for both development and operational projects.
- Lead compliance for reactive power requirements and develop powerflow models to support the applications.
- Build plant specific dynamic models critical to successfully guide projects through the interconnection process.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant utility tariffs, NERC requirements, solar and battery storage facility design, and technical standards.
- Lead technical discussions with utilities/ISOs for interconnection studies.
- Collaborate with commissioning/project delivery teams to validate project adherence to designs standards.
- Research, evaluate and report on existing regulations and proposed changes: OATT tariffs, as well as new technologies such as storage/battery stand alone and hybrid project configurations.
- Expert in transmission planning and dynamic project analysis, and previous employment with a utility, RTO or renewable energy company is a plus.
- 6+ years’ work history in renewable or traditional energy development, or transmission planning.
- Expertise in power flow software (Siemens PSS/E preferred, MUST, TARA, PowerWorld, GE PSLF).
- Several years’ experience in developing models for inverter-based resources and renewable generation, such as Wind Turbine Generators (WTG), photovoltaic (PV), Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS), and hybrid generation, and associated collector system for interconnection applications within software programs PSS/E, PSLF, and/or PSCAD
- Implementation of Open Access Transmission Tariffs and Generator Interconnection Procedures and Study Methodologies for US ISO/RTO regions (PJM, NYISO, CAISO, MISO, WECC, SPP).
- Experience in dynamic transient, stability, and other advanced studies utilizing EMTP-RV or PSCAD is a plus.
Education and Certifications
- BS in Electrical Engineering or related field required.
Working Environment and Physical Demand
- Ability to travel; 10%
Pine Gate Renewables believes in taking care of our employees by offering benefits that support their physical, mental, and financial well-being. Our comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, Paid Time Off, paid holidays, training, and development, giving back to the community, remote work options, dog-friendly offices, and much more. Pine Gate Renewables is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.
Pine Gate Renewables does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies.
Pine Gate Renewables Headquarters Location
Pine Gate Renewables Company Size
Between 200 - 500 employees
Pine Gate Renewables Founded Year
Pine Gate Renewables Total Amount Raised
Pine Gate Renewables Funding RoundsView funding details