Lead Design Technologist, iOS - DoorDashView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Lead Design Technologist, iOS
- Job Location
- Austin, TX; Chicago, IL; Los Angeles, CA; New York, NY; San Francisco, CA; Seattle, WA; United States - Remote
- Job Description
About the Team
The Design Infrastructure team designs, builds, and ships the Design System foundations and UI components used in all of DoorDash’s products, on all platforms. Specifically, the iOS team works closely with designers and product engineering teams across the company to help shape the Design System, and owns the shared UI library for iOS – developed for both SwiftUI and UIKit.
About the Role
We are looking for a lead iOS engineer who has a strong passion for UI components and working very closely with design. As part of the role you will be leading the iOS initiative for our Design System, which will include working closely with designers and iOS engineers on product teams to align, develop, maintain, and evolve the library of foundations and UI components; which is adopted in all our products.
You will report into the Lead Design Technologist for Mobile on our Design Infrastructure team in our Product Design organization. This role is 100% flexible, and can be either hybrid in office, or fully remote.
This is a great opportunity to make an impact across all DoorDash apps, and be a leader defining how we build the foundations for our iOS applications.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Help to evolve and define how we build UI components and patterns for our iOS applications.
- Be the liaison between design and engineering.
- Mentor more junior developers.
- You enjoy being on the bleeding edge of technology, leveraging all the latest iOS development has to offer.
- Own and evolve a shared iOS library that is highly adopted across the company.
- Take ownership over big projects and work in a highly collaborative environment.
- Own and iterate on process improvements that impact hundreds of cross functional partners
- Be the iOS expert for anything UI or design related for other iOS engineers across the company.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 6+ years of iOS engineering experience.
- You’ve worked on a Design System in the past.
- You are a seasoned iOS engineer who cares about UI and has experience in working closely with design and building a shared library.
- You have experience in mentoring junior engineers and enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment.
- Being the iOS expert on the team to help shape our Design System for designers and engineers across the company.
- You have experience in developing a shared library and building high quality APIs and documentation for other engineers.
- You are passionate and care about building high quality and accessible UI components.
- You work on the bleeding edge of iOS development and have interest and experience in SwiftUI
- You enjoy working closely with Product Design partners and cross functional teams
- You’ve led major projects and initiatives.
- You are able to navigate and thrive in ambiguity.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
DoorDash Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
DoorDash Company Size
Between 8,600 - 8,600 employees
DoorDash Founded Year
DoorDash Total Amount Raised
DoorDash Funding RoundsView funding details