Lead Data Engineer - REACHView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Lead Data Engineer
- Job Location
- US or Canada
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Job Description: Lead Data Engineer
What is Reach Financial?
Reach Financial is a financial institution focused on helping people outsmart debt for good.
We are building innovative products and best-in-class support that enable our customers to take control of their debt and de-mystify their personal finances. Our products and tools empower our customers to realize their financial goals.
Reach Financial launched in 2015 and has helped our customers pay off over $1 billion in debt. We offer debt consolidation loans and personal loans, and together these markets represent a $1.5T opportunity. In time, we will expand beyond these products to provide solutions for a variety of our customers’ personal finance challenges.
We are a fast-growing and fast-paced financial institution with the stability of an established firm. You will have a front-row seat at a rapidly growing company innovating in the industry. We are small but mighty and look for individuals who can have a significant impact.
What you will do:
We're seeking a Lead Data Engineer to help us flesh out the strategy, systems, tools, and processes to implement and streamline data flows across our systems. You'll enable stakeholders to leverage data and gain critical insights into our systems' performance by providing the right tools, training, and support. You have a demonstrated ability to work with stakeholders to understand data needs, then create and implement pipelines to source, transform, and deliver the desired information. We must also craft, modify, and align with governance, compliance, and security policies. This position is a founding role - it is hard to understate the impact that this person will have.
What you Should Have:
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in a Data Engineering role, working within Cloud-based infrastructure and systems (AWS Aurora, Snowflake, Fivetran, etc.).
- Extensive knowledge of SQL and NoSQL data stores.
- Experience using an orchestration tool like Airflow.
- Demonstrated experience with Python, Java, Scala, or similar languages.
- Experience extracting information from SaaS systems like Salesforce.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code best practices using tools like Terraform or AWS CDK.
- Must be self-motivated, focused, and highly committed to delivering value.
What is it like working at Reach Financial?
Our culture is built around advancing our teams, and we are dedicated to the success and growth of every team member. We believe in retaining a high-performing workforce and prioritizing diversity, intellectual curiosity, and continued learning. Our generous benefits packages reflect that.
We’ve been working hard to perfect our product for years, and we’re growing faster than ever. Our strong foundation and company culture are readily equipped for this growth, and we believe that with the right people, our products will continue to help customers make fundamental changes in their financial lives.
What benefits will you receive?
- Remote First Culture with optional Hybrid opportunities
- Healthcare, Life Insurance, RRSP Match
- Paid Time Off, Parental Leave Top Up
- Disability (short-term, long-term), Employee Assistance Program
REACH Headquarters Location
REACH Company Size
Between 2,000 - 5,000 employees
REACH Founded Year