Lead Billing and API engineer - SupabaseView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Lead Billing and API engineer
- Job Location
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Supabase is an open source and fully remote company building developer tools for databases for hundreds of thousands of indie developers, startups, and businesses.
We are seeking a Lead Billing engineer to build our billing infrastructure. Predictable and transparent pricing, even at scale, is our top priority.
- Develop as many systems in open source as possible.
- Work with internal product teams to plan for their metered billing requirements.
- Implement usage-based pricing mechanisms.
- Implement spend caps.
- Integrate with external systems, including payment gateways, tax systems, and accounting systems.
- Build integrations with marketplaces and channel partners.
- Work on our Admin API and for managing projects and organizations.
- Work closely with our Data Engineering and Business teams to develop requirements.
- Experienced in metered billing for cloud infrastructure.
- Experienced with payment gateways (especially Stripe).
- Proficient with Typescript and PostgreSQL.
- Ideally an existing open source contributor.
- 100% remote work from anywhere in the world. No location-based adjustment to your salary.
- Autonomous work. We work collaboratively on projects, but you set your own pace.
- Health, Vision and Dental benefits. Supabase covers 100% of the cost for employees and 80% for dependents.
- Generous Tech Allowance for any office setup you need
- Annual Education Allowance
- Annually run off-sites.
BUILD IN A WEEKEND. SCALE TO BILLIONS
Supabase adds auth, realtime, and restful APIs to Postgres without a single line of code.
Each project within Supabase is an isolated Postgres cluster, allowing customers to scale independently, while still providing the features that you need to build: instant database setup, auth, row level security, realtime data streams, auto-generating APIs, and a simple to use web interface.
We are a fully remote company.
About the team
- We're a startup. It's unstructured.
- Collectively founded more than a dozen venture-backed companies.
- More than 10 different nationalities.
- We deeply believe in the efficacy of collaborative open source. We support existing communities and tools, rather than building "yet another xx".
- We "dogfood" everything. If you use it in your project, we use it in Supabase.
- The entire process is fully remote and all communication will happen over email or via video chat.
- Once you've submitted your application, the team will review your submission, and may reach out for a short screening interview over video call.
- If you pass the screen you will be invited to up to four follow up interviews. The calls:
- usually take between 20-45 minutes each depending on the interviewer.
- are all 1:1.
- will be with both founders, a member of either the growth or engineering team (depending on the role), and usually one other person from your immediate team or function.
- Once the interviews are over, the team will meet to discuss several roles and candidates and may:
- ask one or two follow-up questions over email or a quick call.
- go directly to making an offer.
Supabase Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Supabase Company Size
Between 100 - 500 employees
Supabase Founded Year
Supabase Total Amount Raised
Supabase Funding RoundsView funding details