Lead Android Application Engineer - HyporiView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Lead Android Application Engineer
- Job Location
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Hypori, a leading provider for SaaS cybersecurity solutions, is transforming secure mobility for Federal and Commercial customers, including the United States Army. Hypori’s secure virtual workspace enables users to access critical data and apps from any mobile device without compromising user privacy. From commercial IP to national security level intel, Hypori protects critical data from every type of threat. https://hypori.com
About the role
We are looking for a Lead Android Application Engineer experienced with building enterprise Android applications in a distributed server environment. You will work on a small team to solve large problems that require serious initiative, critical thinking, eager collaboration, informed risk-taking, and clear communication.
What you’ll do
- Troubleshoot, design, code, deploy and participate in the full SDLC
- Clearly communicate progress in Jira and daily standups
- Lead the development of new Android applications.
- Align product requirements with a comprehensive knowledge of Android internals
- Deliver new features and updates of our micro services while maintaining a quality application
- Work in a Linux development environment
What you have
- 5+ years of experience developing mobile applications on Android
- 4+ years of experience with Java and 3+ years with Kotlin
- 3+ years of experience leading the development of mobile applications
- Strong working knowledge of Kotlin coroutines and Java threading
- Strong working knowledge of MVVM and unidirectional data flow design patterns
- Experience in testing cloud-based applications (Amazon Web Services or Azure)
- Working knowledge of Linux/Unix-based operating systems
- Strong understanding of git version control
- Willingness work in both Android and iOS environments when needed
Nice to have and/or Willing to Learn
- gRPC/Spice experience
- Telephony, PSTN, MMS, SMS, Twillio, AWS Chime/Chime SDK experience
- Android or iOS camera subsystem
- Notifications and their respective delivery services
- Encoder/decoder knowledge (H264/5, VP8/9, AV1)
To be considered for this role you must be a U.S. citizen currently residing on U.S. soil.
Hypori Inc. provides a great and generous benefits package to include medical, dental and vision, PTO, and life & disability packages. We also invest in our employees' futures by providing, technical training, tuition reimbursement, a 401k plan with employer matching contribution with vesting starting from DAY 1, and much, much more.
Hypori is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. At Hypori, we are committed to creating and promoting an inclusive workplace that embraces differences and perspectives – making us a stronger, more successful company. In doing so, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact email@example.com for assistance.
An equal opportunity employer/disability/vet.
Discover job listings, tech companies, startups, investors, job listings, funding rounds, industries, and tech stacks.Get EmployblBook a demo call
Get periodic emails about startups and the tech job market
Employbl Newsletter is about helping you find jobs and understand the tech job market. Read previous issues.
Hypori Headquarters Location
Hypori Company Size
Between 100 - 500 employees
Hypori Founded Year
Hypori Total Amount Raised
Hypori Funding RoundsView funding details