Java Software Engineer - Backend - AdyenView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Java Software Engineer - Backend
- Job Location
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Facebook, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
What You'll Do
- You will build and maintain our distributed high-performance platform.
- You will be part of a diverse and inclusive team.
- We launch fast and iterate often. Concretely, this means that within your first few weeks, you will bring code live that impacts many businesses and shoppers.
- You will be fully responsible from its initial design to bringing new functionality live.
- Identify and improve parts of the platform to make it more robust and scalable.
- Collaborate across teams and time zones to make things happen, review code and be open to feedback.
- As an engineer you will helping our core financial data processes and working on our finance infrastructure, to keep it scalable, reliable and secure
Who you are:
- We are looking for Software Engineers with senior experience working with object-oriented programming languages (JAVA).
- If you are flexible, a team player, someone with an eye for detail will be great.
- Someone able to take ownership and lead a project and who enjoys writing testable code.
- Great communication skills and the ability to articulate complex, technical concepts.
- We are an international team, so we need you to be full professional proficiency (written and verbal) in English.
- Our Tech Stack:
- Java 11, Web Services (RESTful) and SQL/PostgreSQL using MyBatis (ORM), Tomcat, Gradle, CockroachDB and Elasticsearch.
- Proficient in creating performant database queries and table structures.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Please note that this role is a full-time position in Madrid. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of Madrid.
Adyen Headquarters Location
Adyen Company Size
Between 2,000 - 5,000 employees
Adyen Founded Year
Adyen Total Amount Raised
Adyen Funding RoundsView funding details