Java Software Build Engineer - AdyenView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Java Software Build Engineer
- Job Location
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Facebook, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. The people of Adyen are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Have you ever been in a situation where doing what should be a simple thing requires a lot of work? Are you passionate about improving such inefficient workflows? Do you want to work on those changes at scale? Then you came to the right place!
At the Development Tools team we do just that: focus on providing hundreds of developers with tooling and services to work efficiently in a dynamic and growing environment. While we know this is not an easy task, it is very satisfying to see the results of your work in action!
More specifically, the Development Tools team enables the development workflows, manages the build systems, testing frameworks, and code quality tools, empowers collaboration through an integrated team environment, and other developer tools. Some examples of the projects that are driven by our team are the optimization of our build system, migration to merge requests, automation of merging new code, developing the Development CLI, ensuring consistency of our unit and integration tests.
Who you are:
- Passionate about enabling other developers to be efficient and autonomous
- Able to reason about, optimize and scale development workflows, build dev tools
- Able to clearly understand problems and come up with optimal and sustainable solutions
- Focused on getting the solutions into production
- Motivated, responsible and a reliable team player
- Can work autonomously
- Eager to learn and improve
- Willing to share the on-call duty with your teammates for the services the team provides
- Able to provide clean, reliable and understandable code
- Expert in one of the build tools, such as Gradle
- Good knowledge of Java and scripting languages, such as Python, Bash, Groovy
- Good understanding of Software Delivery Lifecycle, Development Workflows
- Experience with IDE setup, such as IntelliJ IDEA
- Comfortable working with containers and Kubernetes
- Nice to have:
- Experience with SQL databases, such as PostgreSQL
- Knowledge of testing frameworks such as JUnit
- Knowledge of static analysis tools such as SpotBugs, Checkstyle
Your key responsibilities:
- Design, implement and deliver development tools and services
- Optimize existing development workflows
- Support developers with answers about the tools and services we provide
- Make sure the tools and services provided by our team are up and running
- Investigate and fix issues
- Take actions to prevent future issues
- Collaborate with other engineering and infrastructure teams to come up with best solutions for the problems at hand
- Drive adoption of clean code, coding best practices, development productivity improvements
Please, note that this role is a full-time position in Amsterdam or Madrid. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of the Netherlands or Spain.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Please note that this role is a full-time position in Amsterdam. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of the Netherlands.
Adyen Headquarters Location
Adyen Company Size
Between 2,000 - 5,000 employees
Adyen Founded Year
Adyen Funding Rounds