IT Support Specialist - New York City - DoorDashView Company Profile
- Job Title
- IT Support Specialist - New York City
- Job Location
- New York, NY
- Job Description
About the Team
The IT Service Desk Team is a 24x7 operation providing front line, real-time support to DoorDash employees needing computer hardware and software assistance. This team partners closely with other IT teams and business units to ensure we are always providing the highest level of support to our colleagues, ensuring they can do the best work of their careers.
About the Role
You will spend time working with tickets that have been submitted by teammates to the IT Service Desk via multiple mediums (chat/phone/email/walk-ups). Some tickets you will work through to resolution, and some you will need to collaborate or escalate to other teams for assistance. You will act as an IT Liaison for our new employees helping to assist in setting up their laptops and other devices/accessories. Sometimes your job is simply to grant permission to a user once you have obtained or verified their eligibility.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Provide 24x7 and/or on-call support within the team's rotation
- Ensure the highest levels of customer service in a collaborative environment while helping people resolve issues and problems
- Maintain a balanced focus on security and efficiency, keeping company values at the forefront of all decisions
- Troubleshoot end user technical issues via phone, chat, email, or walk-ups
- Accurately log/document all Service Desk issues and work efforts using our service management solution
- Follow internal asset and inventory management processes for both hardware and software
- Collaborate on corporate-wide initiatives and team projects
- Identify and research routine technical problems of varying complexity and follow through to resolution
- Be a customer advocate by seeking to identify common issues, working within the business to eliminate future occurrences, and proactively educating customers with helpful hints or business-based best practices
We’re excited about you because…
- Helping people problem solve is your passion
- You thrive in a fast paced customer service environment, preferably within a technical organization
- You enjoy supporting and troubleshooting macOS and/or Windows platform issues
- You've spent time working in and around iOS and/or Android platforms
- You really know your way around the setup and configuration of end-user desktops/laptops, computer hardware, software, printers, phones, cell phones, and peripherals
- You are at ease using cloud-based communication services such as Slack, Gmail, and Zoom to collaborate with others
- You want to help create a Service Desk people LOVE!!!
Desired Skills and Experience
- 2yrs experience in a technical support environment
- Strong familiarity with Mac OS and Windows OS platforms
- Familiarity with Google suite of applications (Sheets/Docs/Gmail/etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to document complex technical issues consistently and thoroughly
- Familiarity with Network topology/infrastructure
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Experience with Okta and/or other SaaS-based identity management solutions
- Familiarity with Workspace One, or other MDM solutions
- Ability to move equipment as necessary - up to 50lbs
- Occasional travel to other DoorDash sites and offices as required
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
DoorDash Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
DoorDash Company Size
Between 8,600 - 8,600 employees
DoorDash Founded Year
DoorDash Total Amount Raised
DoorDash Funding RoundsView funding details