Internal Developer Advocate - AdyenView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Internal Developer Advocate
- Job Location
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Internal Developer Advocate | Developer Tooling
Adyen is at the forefront of payment technology powering the payment processing of the world's largest companies, building products for all company sizes, located anywhere in the world. Our ever growing development team, in-house built frameworks, tooling, and development processes enable this rapid growth.
We are looking for a passionate community leader who loves to code and has a keen eye on developer experience with tooling. Who can help build and lead communities within Adyen, empower teams by supporting state-of-the-art productivity tooling for development and deployment of their products.
We expect you to be at the forefront with our engineers, helping with developer tooling, so developers can focus on their products, standardization of the team runbooks, removing boilerplate code, redundant manual tasks, and more.
You will be part of our development team, based in Amsterdam. Here, you will get familiar with and work on the payment industry's most advanced and robust platform.
What you’ll do
- Help developers with tooling challenges by introducing productive tools.
- Help our Development and Testing Tools team with the tools used for testing, deployments, release, etc. and also how to deprecate the tools.
- Gather insights on existing tools, productivity of the teams and be a bridge between developers and other departments to improve the developer tooling.
- Collaborate with engineers (Frontend, Backend, Embedded/C++, Python, and more) to bring developer tooling to the same level of productivity.
Who you are
- You know how to code, and what tools to use for the job.
- Good communication, and able to call out the problems.
- Experienced with writing or blogging on technical articles.
- Experienced with building and maintaining standards for development lifecycle and collaboration.
- Familiar with Git and version control systems.
- Have worked on projects with both development and product teams.
- You are comfortable with software development and know one or more of the following languages or runtimes: Python, Node.js, PHP, Ruby, .NET, Swift, ObjC.
- Authoring with Markdown.
- Knowledge in payments or fintech.
What we do
Check out our Adyen Tech blog on Medium special edition on "Adyen Tech Radar: engineer’s autonomy to the next level": https://www.adyen.com/blog/adyen-tech-radar
Please, note that this is a full-time role in our office in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. If you need to relocate, Adyen will provide support with visa and relocation.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the criteria then Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Adyen Headquarters Location
Adyen Company Size
Between 2,000 - 5,000 employees
Adyen Founded Year
Adyen Funding Rounds