Internal Communications Lead - AdyenView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Internal Communications Lead
- Job Location
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
This is Adyen
Adyen is the financial technology platform of choice for leading companies. By providing end-to-end payments capabilities, data-driven insights, and financial products in a single global solution, Adyen helps businesses achieve their ambitions faster. With offices around the world, Adyen works with the likes of Facebook, Uber, H&M, eBay, and Microsoft. To maintain our momentum, we need people to join us in finding new ways of solving our unique challenges - people like you.
We are looking for an Internal Communications Lead to join our Communications team in Amsterdam. The Communications team crafts and executes Adyen’s global communications strategy – encompassing strategic employee communication, corporate positioning, and reputation- and stakeholder management. The team interacts on a daily basis with both internal (e.g. employees, HR and senior leadership) and external stakeholders (e.g. investors, journalists, regulators and customers).
As our Internal Communications Lead you will build a function that supports our business goals through ensuring that the Adyen team is informed, connected, and engaged during the next stages of our growth. You will work closely with your colleagues from the wider Communications team, as well as Adyen’s Management board, senior leadership, HR and brand teams to ensure we’re telling a consistent story across all audiences.
The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker and skilled storyteller with a strong track record in building an internal communications function that facilitates engagement and dialogue at a high-growth organization — preferably in tech. Being able to quickly switch from strategic planning to tactical execution is a must to succeed in this role.
What you’ll do:
- You will play a lead role in further developing and scaling Adyen’s internal communications strategy, with a strong focus on the growth that is coming our way;
- You will implement the processes and tooling required for building an internal communications infrastructure that allows for internal dialogue and engagement in a high-growth environment;
- You will be responsible for crafting the content and event strategies that underpin the execution of our global internal communications strategy (e.g. global all-hands, internal senior management communications, and global internal strategy days);
- You will build a data-driven internal communications program - with a strong focus on measurement and evaluation of its impact;
- You will enable Adyen’s product solutions, commercial pillars, and regions in sharing their strategies, milestones and goals through an integrated internal communications plan - leveraging creative formats (e.g. video, podcast, short form content).
Who you are
- You have relevant, proven experience (5 - 8 years) as an internal communications leader in a high-growth environment;
- You are a skilled communicator – excellent written and verbal command of the English language and storytelling skills are key to succeeding in this role;
- You thrive in a high-growth environment and know how to build creative and cross-cultural communication strategies;
- You are a number cruncher and maintain a data-driven approach to internal communications as you know that the truth is in the numbers;
- You enjoy getting things done in a fast-paced environment and can quickly switch between tactical and strategic priorities.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Please note that this role is a full-time position in Amsterdam. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of the Netherlands.
Adyen Headquarters Location
Adyen Company Size
Between 2,000 - 5,000 employees
Adyen Founded Year
Adyen Funding Rounds