Internal Auditor - BrazeView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Internal Auditor
- Job Location
- Job Description
At Braze, we have found our people. We’re a genuinely approachable, exceptionally kind, and intensely passionate crew.
We seek to ignite that passion by setting high standards, championing teamwork, and creating work-life harmony as we collectively navigate rapid growth on a global scale while striving for greater equity and opportunity – inside and outside our organization.
To flourish here, you must be prepared to set a high bar for yourself and those around you. There is always a way to contribute: Acting with autonomy, having accountability and being open to new perspectives are essential to our continued success. Our deep curiosity to learn and our eagerness to share diverse passions with others gives us balance and injects a one-of-a-kind vibrancy into our culture.
If you are driven to solve exhilarating challenges and have a bias toward action in the face of change, you will be empowered to make a real impact here, with a sharp and passionate team at your back. If Braze sounds like a place where you can thrive, we can’t wait to meet you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Team Overview
- The Internal Audit team plays a pivotal role in enhancing and protecting organizational value by providing risk-based and objective assurance, advice, and insight. Our team is dedicated to the core mission of strengthening internal controls, risk management, and compliance, while also harnessing the power of automation and audit analytics to drive innovation. Our goal is to provide a solid foundation that enables the company to thrive, enhance business and technology processes, and adapt seamlessly within a dynamic and evolving regulatory landscape.
- SOX Compliance: Take ownership of SOX compliance efforts, including testing internal controls, managing documentation, and collaborating with internal stakeholders to ensure adherence to requirements.
- Operational Audit Support: Participate in upcoming audits by preparing relevant documentation, assisting in audit planning, leading meetings with auditors abroad (as needed), and efficiently noting discussions and action items.
- Enterprise Risk Assessment: Assist in the execution of the annual enterprise internal audit risk assessment
- Audit Analytics: Leverage past experience with analytics to develop and execute data analytics initiatives, writing simple and complex queries using SQL servers, and analyzing data chains through Workiva (Wdata) to provide actionable insights that contribute to informed decision-making for end stakeholders
- Relationship Management: Engage with cross-functional teams both locally and internationally, actively participating in meetings, and leading discussions to ensure seamless communication and alignment of internal objectives
WHO YOU ARE
To excel in this role, you will need a combination of technical expertise, interpersonal skills, and a commitment to upholding regulatory standards. Key qualifications and attributes we're looking for include:
- B.S. in Accounting, Finance, Information Systems or related area
- Professional certification such as CPA, CIA or CISA
- 2 years minimum relevant experience, including Public Accounting and industry experience
- Software/SaaS or Technology industry experience with subscription and professional services revenue
- SOX Experience: Demonstrated experience with Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, internal controls (ideally, both financial process and IT General Controls), and risk management within a corporate environment.
- Strong skills in data analysis, including writing SQL queries, understanding database structures, and extracting actionable insights from complex datasets.
- Proven track record of supporting audits, note-taking, and facilitating meetings, ideally in international settings.
- Strong leadership skills, high EQ and proactive problem solving approach
- Ability to collaborate with onshore and offshore team(s)
- Experience using Workiva GRC platform is a plus
- Experience with data extraction, transformation and loading (ETL)
- Experience with agile project management methodologies a plus
- Experience in auditing infrastructure as a service and database as a service providers is a plus
- Strong written and verbal English skills are essential
WHAT WE OFFER
From comprehensive benefits to remote availability to flexible time off, we’ve got you covered so you can prioritize work-life harmony.
- Competitive compensation that may include equity
- Retirement and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability
- Family services that include fertility benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Professional development supported by formal career pathing, learning platforms, and tuition reimbursement
- Community engagement opportunities throughout the year, including an annual company wide Volunteerism Week
- Employee Resource Groups that provide supportive communities within Braze
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun culture recognized as a Great Place to Work®
Details of these benefit plans will be provided if a candidate receives an offer of employment. Benefits may vary by location.
Braze (Nasdaq: BRZE) is a leading comprehensive customer engagement platform that powers interactions between consumers and brands they love. With Braze, global brands can ingest and process customer data in real time, orchestrate and optimize contextually relevant, cross-channel marketing campaigns and continuously evolve their customer engagement strategies.
Braze is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work® in the U.S., the UK and Singapore. We ranked #1 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces (Medium), #3 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces for Wellbeing (Medium), #4 on Great Place to Work’s 2023 Best Workplaces in Europe (Medium), #5 on Fortune’s 2022 Best Workplaces for Millennials in the US, #10 on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces for Women (Large), #19 on Fortune’s 2023 Best Workplaces in New York (Large), and were named as a Top Achiever on Great Place to Work UK’s 2023 Best Workplaces in Tech.
You’ll find many of us at headquarters in New York City or around the world in Austin, Berlin, Chicago, Jakarta, London, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Sydney and Tokyo – not to mention our employees in nearly 50 remote locations.
Braze Headquarters Location
New York, NY
Braze Company Size
Between 1,000 - 2,000 employees
Braze Founded Year
Braze Total Amount Raised
Braze Funding RoundsView funding details