Integration and Test Engineer II (Bench Testing) - LatitudeView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Integration and Test Engineer II (Bench Testing)
- Job Location
- Pittsburgh, PA, Detroit, MI
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Latitude AI (lat.ai) is an automated driving technology company developing a hands-free, eyes-off driver assist system for next-generation Ford vehicles at scale. We’re driven by the opportunity to reimagine what it’s like to drive and make travel safer, less stressful, and more enjoyable for everyone.
When you join the Latitude team, you’ll work alongside leading experts across machine learning and robotics, cloud platforms, mapping, sensors and compute systems, test operations, systems and safety engineering – all dedicated to making a real, positive impact on the driving experience for millions of people.
As a Ford Motor Company subsidiary, we operate independently to develop automated driving technology at the speed of a technology startup. Latitude is headquartered in Pittsburgh with engineering centers in Dearborn, Mich., and Palo Alto, Calif.
Meet the team:
The Bench Test team at Latitude AI is a cross functional team consisting of bench operations engineers, design verification and release test engineers, autonomy integration engineers and embedded test engineers. We are responsible for building, and maintaining the bench ecosystem, facilitating automated test workflows, developing test plans, building test tooling and executing the design verification plan on the bench ecosystem. Test benches are the platform of choice for software teams to iterate on their work and test on target hardware. Bench testing is a critical step in our release pipeline to prove that software increments work on the target hardware before releasing to the fleet of vehicles.
What you’ll do:
- Build comprehensive test plans and procedures for verifying Latitude’s automated driving system
- Execute testing on manual and automated test benches to support our design verification plan
- Automate the bench test execution and reporting using Latitude’s proprietary automated test and reporting framework
- Work with cross functional stakeholders including Systems engineers, Software developers and Hardware engineers to accomplish the test objectives
- Debug hardware and software issues to enable testing on Hardware in the Loop benches
- Work with the test bench engineering team on test bench architecture and technical support for bench user community
What you'll need to succeed:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field and 2+ years of relevant experience, Master's degree, or PhD
- Ability to design test procedures and clearly communicate your designs through documents, diagrams, and presentations
- A track record of executing complex test procedures, particularly in a bench test environment
- Proven experience in Python programming
- Ability to operate on and communicate with cross-functioning teams developing advanced electrical, electronic or robotic systems
Nice to have:
- Experience in prototyping, integrating and testing complex robotic systems such as autonomous vehicles
- Experience in debugging hardware issues on test benches
- Experience with requirements management tools such as Jama
What we offer you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Health savings account with available employer match
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- 15 paid holidays
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks for onsite employees
- Pre-tax spending accounts for healthcare and dependent care expenses
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Adoption/Surrogacy support program
- Backup child and elder care program
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Learn more about Latitude’s team, mission and career opportunities at lat.ai!
Candidates for positions with Latitude AI must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
Discover job listings, tech companies, startups, investors, job listings, funding rounds, industries, and tech stacks.Get EmployblBook a demo call
Get periodic emails about startups and the tech job market
Employbl Newsletter is about helping you find jobs and understand the tech job market. Read previous issues.
Latitude Headquarters Location
Latitude Company Size
Between 5 - 20 employees
Latitude Founded Year
Latitude Total Amount Raised
Latitude Funding RoundsView funding details