Insurance Litigation Counsel - DoorDashView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Insurance Litigation Counsel
- Job Location
- San Francisco, CA; Los Angeles, CA; Chicago, IL; Washington, D.C.; New York, NY; United States - Remote
- Job Description
About the Team
DoorDash’s Legal team has built a strong reputation within the company for our highly collaborative and supportive approach to counseling, always with a bias for action. We are a diverse group of lawyers with a shared passion for providing creative and best-in-class service to our business partners. We go above and beyond to help accelerate and protect the business, and above all else, we value and respect each other as teammates. We’re team players and we’re always looking for ways to grow and excel together. Join us!
About the Role
DoorDash is seeking a talented attorney with strong experience in insurance and/or personal injury litigation to join our growing legal team. The Insurance Litigation Counsel will be responsible for handling and managing a docket of litigated and pre-litigated matters. Candidates should have strong attention to detail, be execution oriented, have high business acumen, excellent analytical and writing skills, and should be enthusiastic, well organized, and a team player. Strong interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to operate in a fast-paced environment, and a healthy dose of humor and humility are also essential. This role reports into the Director, Insurance Litigation.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will...
- Be one of the Legal Team’s main points of contact for all insurance related issues.
- Manage a growing docket of personal injury matters.
- Help devise and improve scalable processes and procedures for efficiently and consistently responding to discovery in personal injury matters.
- Work with outside counsel to ensure consistent and effective handling and reporting of information from ongoing personal injury matters.
- Manage all aspects of outside counsel relationships, including litigation strategy, work product, and budgets.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have a J.D.
- You have 5+ years of experience at a leading law firm and/or in-house legal department, handling insurance litigation, coverage issues, and/or pre-litigation disputes.
- You’re familiar with personal injury litigation including managing the collection, review, and production of documents, preparing witnesses for depositions and/or trial testimony; and complying with third party subpoenas.
- You’re able to craft legal solutions in novel ways, provide practical advice and properly balance risks and business reward.
- You are committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment and have prioritized participating in DEI initiatives in past roles.
- You have strong organizational skills, an ability to juggle multiple projects at a time in a fast-moving, quickly-changing environment, both collaborating as a team and working independently.
- You’re an excellent communicator, both orally and in writing with the ability to advocate for a position while maintaining an open-minded approach.
- You have a positive attitude (no task is too big or too small!)
Nice to Haves
- Prior in-house experience at a technology or sharing economy company.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
DoorDash Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
DoorDash Company Size
Between 8,600 - 8,600 employees
DoorDash Founded Year
DoorDash Total Amount Raised
DoorDash Funding RoundsView funding details