Inside Sales Representative - ChargePointView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Inside Sales Representative
- Job Location
- Scottsdale, AZ
- Job Description
With electric vehicles expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint (NYSE: CHPT) is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world’s leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every charging need across North America and Europe. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on making the transition to electric easy for businesses, fleets and drivers. ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to create an all-electric future and a trillion-dollar market.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it’s like to help build the fueling network of the future - check out our Engineering Blog.
In this critical Inside Sales Representative (ISR) role, you will have a successful track record and relevant experience selling hardware/software solutions to various customers. You must have experience identifying sales opportunities, pipeline management, forecasting, and working opportunities to closure. Additionally, you will work closely with VAR/Channel Partners while developing relationships with prospects and stakeholders. You must be able to thrive in a fast-paced sales environment, be creative, independent, focused, solution-oriented, and an excellent problem solver.
You will have the chance to work on a highly competitive and collaborative team, learn from senior leadership and master your sales skills in a fast-paced environment that fosters continuous learning and professional growth. ISRs who establish high performance will have an opportunity for new challenges and career advancement within inside sales and the potential for future roles in outside sales, channel, marketing, and customer success with a hyper-growth company.
What you will do
- Qualify and develop new business opportunities from outbound/inbound calls, leads, general prospecting, and email marketing, including cold calling in your assigned territory, to create new sales opportunities.
- Perform sales presentations and demonstrations to prospects and customers.
- Focus on customer needs while working with channel partners to drive opportunities to closure.
- Accurately forecast revenue for territory and accounts, accurately maintain data integrity in SalesForce.com and other sales-related software solutions.
- Maintain and deliver accurate daily, weekly, and monthly reports related to activity tracking, opportunity, and pipeline management.
- Work closely and build relationships with internal and external cross-functional teams to develop a territory strategy that aligns with the team’s initiatives ensuring targets are achieved.
- Regular follow-up with internal teams, prospects, customers, and channel partners to ensure opportunities advance through the sales process to closure.
- Leverage your deep understanding of the ChargePoint sales process and effectively use our software platforms to close opportunities accurately and successfully.
What you will bring
- You are located in the Phoenix metropolitan area.
- 3-5 years of full cycle sales experience, with a proven track record exceeding quota.
- Ability to identify new strategic opportunities and maintain a pipeline 3x quota.
- Manage multiple customer accounts and projects simultaneously
- High degree of resilience, enabling you to bounce back from setbacks.
- Player mindset: you strive to compete, grow, develop, and never back down from a challenge.
- Unmatched work ethic: anything you don’t know you will make up with hard work.
- You are highly coachable and willing to receive and implement feedback.
- Able to explain and simplify complex solutions.
- Expert negotiator and objection handling techniques.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Desire to grow beyond current role, regardless of function.
- A passion for disrupting the traditional automotive industry by helping promote the EV industry.
- Bachelor’s degree or at least 5 years of relevant work experience required.
- Scottsdale, Arizona
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only - Recruiting agencies do not contact.
ChargePoint Headquarters Location
ChargePoint Company Size
Between 1,000 - 5,000 employees
ChargePoint Founded Year
ChargePoint Funding Rounds
Post Ipo Debt
Post Ipo Equity