Infrastructure, Safety & Operations Leader - Kairos PowerView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Infrastructure, Safety & Operations Leader
- Job Location
- Alameda, CA or Albuquerque, NM
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Kairos Power is a new nuclear energy technology and engineering company whose mission is to enable the world’s transition to clean energy, with the ultimate goal to dramatically improve people’s quality of life while protecting the environment. This goal will be accomplished through the commercialization of the fluoride-salt-cooled, high-temperature reactor (FHR) that can be deployed with robust safety, affordable costs, and flexible operation to accommodate the expansion of variable renewables.
Kairos Power is seeking an Infrastructure, Safety & Operations Leader to oversee operations across Facilities, Environmental Health & Safety, and IT. You will report directly to the CEO and will be responsible for developing a strategic roadmap to captures the vision of the company’s expansion goals. You will lead, support, plan, implement, and maintain the company’s overall operations functions with strategy focus on driving internal efficiencies. This position requires someone who is adaptable, flexible in a fast-paced environment and committed to supporting cross functional teams across multiple locations.
- Partner with Senior Leadership team to develop strategic road maps, including facilities expansions; facility infrastructure capital; risk management; physical, asset, and data & intellectual security; IT infrastructure; EH&S compliance.
- Lead the teams in planning, implementation and execution of initiatives that support company policies and practices while complying with all laws and regulations.
- Develop operations standards to ensure consistency across all locations including future deployment of reactor sites while meeting business objectives.
- Ensure appropriate technology standards and operational processes are deployed and maintained.
- Partner with Mod Sims to ensure infrastructure meets high performance and emerging computing needs.
- Manage operating budget, capital, and expense to support operational goals and objectives.
- Expand, manage, and develop a high-performing team. Coach, mentor, and develop a team of talented professionals. Promote continuous learning of high impact technologies and emotional intelligence that improves team and individual performance.
- Bachelors’ degree in health sciences, safety engineering, environmental engineering, software engineering, information technology, business, or related field. MBA preferred.
- 15+ years of experience leading and managing facilities, capital projects development projects, IT infrastructure, and environmental health & safety teams.
- Demonstrated leadership skills; ability to building trusted relationship with business stakeholders and executive leadership; a solution provider and a partner to address concerns and/or inefficiencies.
- Knowledge of multi-national EHS laws, regulations, and standards.
- Experience working in IT operations, supervising technology teams, and overseeing large information technology projects and system roll outs.
- Ability to manage competing priorities, take measured risk, and influence decision-making.
- Demonstrated ability to set overall strategy and drive business process improvement.
- Demonstrated business savvy to effectively communicate and work with other executives in support of achieving business and organizational goals.
- Must possess a balanced perspective on strategic and tactical issues.
- Proven success in managing numerous projects, including resources in a highly dispersed organization.
- Proven ability to select and retain talent and create a productive environment that promotes initiative, innovation, continual learning and development of key personnel for future advancement.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with a wide range of audiences including employees, front line managers and executive leaders.
- Previous experience working in the manufacturing and nuclear industry preferred.
- Ability to work with highly collaborative team.
- Ability to solve problems quickly and efficiently.
- Prioritizes and ensures safety of one self and others.
- Ability to proactively collect, manage and transfer knowledge.
- Ability to seek different and novel ways to create efficiencies when working on problems, challenges and issues.
- Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, scissor lifts, articulated boom lifts
- Moving self in different positions to accomplish tasks in various environments including tight and confined spaces
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing, or sitting for prolonged periods
- Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another
- Adjusting, moving, transporting, installing, positioning, or removing objects up to 40 pounds in all directions
- Communicating with others to exchange information
- General office environment
- Routinely observing or working in elevated temperature or humidity situations
- Outdoor environment or elements such as precipitation and wind
- Noisy environments
- Small and/or enclosed spaces
- Odors or fumes from chemicals or chemical reactions
- Evaluated heights
- Accessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned
- High-concentration, demanding and fast-paced
- Chemical exposure
Safety and PPE
- Reading and interpreting hazardous warning signs
- Manipulating, cleaning and disposal of hazardous materials
- Reporting issues with equipment or unsafe conditions
- Wearing proper PPE, to include face mask, face shields, gloves, safety shoes, tyvek, respirator
- Some travel may be required, up to 25%
- Occasionally requires working weekends
- Occasionally requires schedule flexibility
- Occasionally requires non-standard work-week hours
- Occasionally requires extended hours to support launch and critical project timelines
The salary range for this position is $198,900-$265,200 for employees working onsite at our Alameda, CA headquarters. The range provided in this job posting represents the typical range or starting rate of candidates hired in California. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, the market data for your work location, and a comparison to other employees already in the role.
About our Benefits
We know that we have some of the most talented and dedicated employees, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, full-time employees (excludes interns) expect to have access to the benefits below:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and their dependents
- Paid Vacation
- 401(k) and pre-tax health insurance, dependent care, and commuter benefits (FSA)
Kairos Power is committed to building a diverse workforce that reflects the communities where we do business. Kairos Power is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We actively welcome people of different experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Kairos Power participates in E-Verify.
Candidates only, no recruiters or agencies please.
Note: You are applying for a position that is located in a facility that handles information that is subject to export control restrictions by the Department of Energy under 10 CFR Part 810. To work in this facility, you need to be authorized by the Department of Energy to access Part 810-controlled information. Foreign nationals who are citizens of countries that are not on the Department of Energy’s general authorization list (link below) are not permitted to work in our facility unless the Department of Energy issues an export control license to the company to permit that individual to have access to Part 810-controlled information. The following questions are intended to determine the licensing requirements that may apply. https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/10/appendix-A_to_part_810
Kairos Power Headquarters Location
Kairos Power Company Size
Between 100 - 500 employees
Kairos Power Founded Year
Kairos Power Total Amount Raised
Kairos Power Funding RoundsView funding details