Infrastructure Procurement Specialist - AdyenView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Infrastructure Procurement Specialist
- Job Location
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
This is Adyen
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we're the payments platform of choice for the world's brightest companies. Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity, of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives, is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Infrastructure Procurement Specialist
As Infrastructure Procurement Specialist you will be part of the Platform Engineering department. You will work very closely with many stakeholders, for example our Datacenter, Networking, Core Infrastructure and Business Infrastructure teams and a multitude of vendors. You will confer with the Platform Engineering team to ensure the alignment of project statuses with respective stakeholders.The Infrastructure Procurement Specialist is responsible for the demand planning, inventory management, hardware and software orders and processes being performed by the warehouses and order managers. You will design, maintain and improve the necessary processes to manage orders, order logistics and financial reporting within Adyen.
What you’ll do:
- Purchasing Flow Management: Tracking orders from initial request to delivery. Manage the inbound, warehousing and outbound processes to support our Infrastructure Team’s hardware needs; this includes forecast planning & ordering, inventory/asset management, production processes and reverse logistics. You work closely together with our suppliers, warehouses, partners and internal stakeholders to ensure the right quality of products and services to our teams;
- Asset Management: Build an in-depth catalog of products and hardware configurations. Manage the storage, distribution and oversee partial installation of assets in our offices and data centers;
- Continuous Improvement: Analyse and resolve inefficiencies in existing processes by liaising with the appropriate teams within the company or with our supply chain partners. Continuously follow the latest trends and developments in hardware development to ensure Adyen operates on the cutting edge;
- Reporting & Analysis: Help build the appropriate performance reports to support decision making (e.g. sales pipeline reporting, forecasting, demand planning);
- Growth and Expansion: Based on business requirements, contribute to the new products introduction or help setting up new processes with warehouse & partner integrations;
- Vendor management & Negotiation: Sourcing and vetting new vendor partners to implement local-to-local delivery solutions for our teams. You will liaise with these vendors on a daily basis to manage procurement processes and manage projects pertaining to strategic hardware sourcing and deployment. You will also spar with vendors to work out the best pricing for Adyen.
Who you are
- A background in tech and/or procurement, preferably with a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree or several years experience in the field;
- Experience: Proven experience in Operations or Supply Chain with an affinity for or specialisation in server, networking and office hardware & peripherals;
- Hands on: You are motivated to engage in existing processes and manage stakeholders in a fast-paced environment. You are highly motivated to document these processes and find enjoyment in streamlining and improving them;
- Pragmatic: You will have strong problem-solving capabilities to take concrete action plans and execute against them while dealing with daily operational tasks. You are capable of making decisions on the fly, and know when to employ speed over policy. You have a good feeling for prioritisation and know how to relay this effectively;
- Communicative: You align and collaborate with colleagues from different departments and external relations such as suppliers and partners. You are able to easily maintain these relationships positively but you can also be a hard negotiator when necessary;
- Analytical: You have a fundamental understanding of modeling concepts (excel) for forecasting & demand planning;
- Tech savvy: Enthusiastic about modern technology and the adoption in the daily operations to bring Supply Chain Management to the next level;
- Organised: You have strong organisational skills and are comfortable working with a multitude of tools to present and process data in an organised manner to colleagues and stakeholders. You are an expert at tools like Workday and Excel and enjoy creating datasheets, studying them and building databases;
- Love to travel: Adyen has many offices worldwide and opportunities to travel between these will come up often, this could be to improve vendor relations or to assist our teams with projects across the globe.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the criteria then Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Adyen Headquarters Location
Adyen Company Size
Between 2,000 - 5,000 employees
Adyen Founded Year
Adyen Funding Rounds