Information Security Officer - BlackSkyView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Information Security Officer
- Job Location
- Herndon, VA
- Job Description
Information Security Officer (TS)
BlackSky is a geospatial intelligence solutions provider that enables organizations to task, collect, and transform data from earth observation, global sensor networks, mobile devices, and social media to deliver on-demand insights about places, events, and assets that are critical to their operations. BlackSky provides satellite collection, data, and cloud based processing and analytic solutions to organizations that are capitalizing on the exponential growth of a wide range of sensor and collection platforms for delivering the next generation of GEOINT and location intelligence solutions. BlackSky has extensive expertise and capabilities in commercial remote sensing, multi-source analytics, cloud computing, open-source software development, Amazon Web Services, and big data geospatial analytics. BlackSky provides solutions to commercial and government organizations with relevant programs with the National Geospatial Intelligence Agency (NGA), US. Army, and U.S. Air Force Research Labs.
The Information Security Officer (ISO) position reports to the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) or Security Manager and plays a vital role in ensuring BlackSky’s security environment and program support adheres to customer security requirements. The Security Team is geographically distributed across our Herndon, VA and Seattle, WA offices. This role will be based in our Herndon office or the surrounding area to support strategic customers and will need to come into the office on a regular basis.
- Develop and implement an information security program, which includes procedures and policies designed to protect enterprise communications, systems, and assets from both internal and external threats, respond to data breaches and other security incidents.
- Partner with the Security leadership team to address special program requirements for physical, information, and personnel security concerns.
- Anticipate, assess, and actively manage new and emerging threats.
- Work with personnel across different departments to align security initiatives with broader business objectives and mitigate the risks various security threats pose to the organization's mission and goals.
- Serve as the direct point of contact with key customer personnel such as the Resident Project Officer (RPO) to provide appropriate security program status updates and reporting.
- Introduce opportunities for improvements and upgrades in security tools and procedures.
- Work with the chief information officer to procure cybersecurity products and services and to manage disaster recovery and business continuity plans.
- US-born citizen.
- Active DOD Top Secret Clearance.
- Minimum 7 years of experience working as an ISO/ISSO/PSO role, managing security in support of Intelligence Community and DoD programs.
- Proven ability to manage, design, execute and communicate security policy and practices to a diverse audience.
- Detailed knowledge of state of the art information, physical and personnel security practices.
- CISSP, CCNA - Security, CCISO, CISM or other similar certification.
- Security Officer license or completed training.
- AHA CPR certification, first responder experience or prior military.
- Multilingual skills.
Life at BlackSky for full-time benefits eligible employees includes:
- Medical, dental, vision, disability, group term life and AD&D, voluntary life and AD&D insurance
- BlackSky pays 100% of employee-only premiums for medical, dental and vision and contributes $100/month for out-of-pocket expenses!
- 15 days of PTO, 11 Company holidays, four Floating Holidays (pro-rated based on hire date), one day of paid volunteerism leave per year, parental leave and more
- 401(k) pre-tax and Roth deferral options with employer match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance and Travel Assistance Programs
- Employer matching donations
- Professional development
- Mac or PC? Your choice!
- Awesome swag
BlackSky is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer All Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
EEO/AAP/ Pay Transparency Statements: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
BlackSky Headquarters Location
BlackSky Company Size
Between 200 - 500 employees
BlackSky Founded Year