In-person payments (C++/Kotlin) Traineeship - AdyenView Company Profile
- Job Title
- In-person payments (C++/Kotlin) Traineeship
- Job Location
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Facebook, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
The IPP department
Our Amsterdam based development team consists of highly skilled C++/Kotlin developers working primarily on our Payment Terminal solution. Within the team, there is a lot of freedom and ambition to develop cool and unique features on the device. We also use in-house built robots to test the Terminal devices, allowing automated testing. In order to upscale innovative ideas, we are looking for more talent to further improve the most advanced and robust platform in the payment industry.
Traineeship (C++ / Kotlin)
At Adyen, we're always looking for the unobvious. That is why we want to invest in early code enthusiasts, who just need an upgrade in their skillset. We will train you to become a full-fledged programmer (C++/Kotlin) and develop on cool devices. During the Adyen Academy, you will become a member of multiple teams within the department, so you will learn various aspects of our solution. There will be a number of skilled mentors available, guiding you through this process.
What you’ll do
- Contribute to various payment related projects
- Learn tons of different aspects of coding and IPP development
- Work together, review code and be open to feedback, because winning is more important than ego
- Implement and test new functionality to the platform, where we launch fast and iterate
Who you are
- Motivated enthusiastic team player, we don’t hide behind emails
- Curious about coding
- Proactively collaborate and involve other teams/departments
- Willingness to learn and improve, open to new ideas
- Self starter, you create your own path and won’t be slowed down by “stewards”
- Able to communicate fluent in English
- Familiar (affinity) with coding in at least one programming language
Who you will be
- A developer able to build and design C/C++/Kotlin code for our device payment applications
- Able to take ownership on a problem from the start, and take the steps to create a solution
Please, note that this role is a full-time position in Amsterdam. It will require relocation in case you live outside of the Netherlands.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Please note that this role is a full-time traineeship in Amsterdam. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of the Netherlands.
Adyen Headquarters Location
Adyen Company Size
Between 2,000 - 5,000 employees
Adyen Founded Year
Adyen Funding Rounds