Immunology Summer Intern - 23andMeView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Immunology Summer Intern
- Job Location
- South San Francisco, CA
- Job Description
During our 10-week summer internship program, you’ll join our Therapeutics - Drug Discovery team who leads preclinical drug discovery programs. You’ll have the opportunity to develop skills such as design and perform molecular and immune cell-based assays for target validation in a corporate setting. The dates for Cohort 1 will be June 5, 2023 - August 18, 2023; the dates for Cohort 2 will be June 20, 2023 - September 1, 2023.
Who We Are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What You’ll Do
- Design and perform molecular and immune cell-based assays for target validation
- Work with manager/ associate scientist on projects to support target discoveries and drug development for diseases with immune regulated mechanisms
- Present and discuss data in team meetings
- Keep accurate and complete laboratory documentation and electronic files
What You’ll Bring
- Previous wet lab experience beyond coursework
- Familiar with cell culture and common biochemical, cell based and molecular biology techniques such as CRISPR-based gene editing, western blots, ELISA, qPCR, etc.
- Experience or interest in neuron and/or macrophage biology
- Strong organizational and communication skills with an ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Self-motivated and driven to learn
- Must be enrolled in an academic program pursuing a Bachelor's in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Immunology or related field
- Authorization to work in the US
- Ability to work onsite 40 hours/week Monday-Friday in South San Francisco, CA
- Master's or PhD candidates
- Experience with flow cytometry and CRISPR-based gene editing techniques
23andMe, headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, is a leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the company’s mission is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has pioneered direct access to genetic information as the only company with multiple FDA authorizations for genetic health risk reports. The company has created the world’s largest crowdsourced platform for genetic research, with 80 percent of its customers electing to participate. The platform also powers the 23andMe Therapeutics group, currently pursuing drug discovery programs rooted in human genetics across a spectrum of disease areas, including oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases, in addition to other therapeutic areas. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.
23andMe Headquarters Location
Mountain View, CA
23andMe Company Size
Between 500 - 1,000 employees
23andMe Founded Year
23andMe Funding Rounds
Post Ipo Equity