Human Resources Business Partner - Clinic - TiaView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Human Resources Business Partner - Clinic
- Job Location
- Los Angeles, California, United States
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Role Title: Manager, People Partner - Clinic
Manager: Senior Director, People
Location: Los Angeles, CA based with local travel between sites within the LA market, 20% travel to PHX
The Manager, People Partner will work closely with client groups in Tia’s Clinical Org to develop and implement people oriented programs to positively impact employee engagement across the employee life cycle.
In this role, you will have a direct impact on how Tia succeeds in the next phase of growth.
You will provide inputs to the design of People practices, policies and processes and then work with Market and Clinical leadership to operationalize them within the org. You will act as coach and consultant to provide options and a range of solutions to day to day people challenges and emerging issues. You will intervene to handle employee relations situations, resolving conflicts through dispute resolution processes and defusing emotionally charged situations to reach lasting agreements. You will partner with business leaders and People Colleagues to create change and communication strategies, including drafting communications. Most importantly you bring the “Tia Sparkle” to every interaction ensuring that prospective and existing employees feel welcomed, appreciated and supported during their time at Tia.
- Ability to support a quickly scaling organization (experience taking a Company through multiple stages of growth preferred)
- Ability to build positive, trusting relationships with staff at all levels
- Extremely good at prioritization
- Excellent time management
- Problem perception + escalation
- Highly organized
- Process-oriented thinking
- Ability to “keep the design in mind” when operating
- Detail oriented
- Ability to hold people accountable
- You’re a whiz with GSheets or excel and use data insights with business partners to make recommendations and inform decisions
- Project management and stakeholder engagement
- Track record of cross functional relationship building
- Proven track record in management and navigation of complex employee issues
- Background in creation and execution of HR strategies, talent planning, employee relations
- Experience leading or strong participation in a major change or transformation project
- Strong project management skills with multi-tasking abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Talent Management Life Cycle - Assist hiring managers with the talent management life cycle, including: onboarding, on-going management and offboarding.
- Oversees the onboarding process from designing onboarding templates by role, communication with hiring managers and new hires, and systematizing the way we schedule and deliver pre-onboarding, onboarding and the employee’s first day/week/month
- Collects feedback + synthesis issues in the hiring, onboarding and offboarding processes for the hiring managers / all hiring managers; deliver results to Directors, People for probing
- Ensures that Tia runs offboarding policies and procedures that are comprehensive and ensure the security of Tia’s IP
- Works alongside the Sr. Director, People/Sr. Director, People Operations to research, refine, and stand up HR-related policies and procedures
- Leads on the ground compliance efforts to ensure that Tia remains in compliance with government policies and programs for a distributed team
- Works with the Sr. Director, People to define critical HR policies, determine cross-functional input required to operationalize these policies, lead creation of associated processes and identify downstream impacts
- Thoughtfully assist in planning the implementation of these policies in relation to the company scaling in size.
- Ensures all employees and Managers are properly trained on policies and that documentation is accessible + updated when required
- Leads best practices for Talent & Performance management
- Works as part of the project team to build Performance Management methodology for our Clinical org which translates into actionable performance insights and connects back to building a culture of excellence
- Assists in deploying Talent management frameworks and processes for hiring managers and people managers to manage against
- Leads performance cycles for client group and manages key stakeholders to these timelines
- Cultivate the Tia working environment and culture to be one that is inclusive, supportive and authentically manifests Tia’s values.
- Acts as a coach and consultant to provide options and a range of solutions to day to day people challenges and emerging issues
- Acts as a support to Sr. Director, People to handle employee relations situations, resolving conflicts through dispute resolution processes and defusing emotionally charged situations to reach lasting agreements.
- Supports the Senior Manager of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in operationalizing efforts around the DEI programs
Bachelor’s (or equivalent) with 3-5 years of experience as an HR business partner (Healthcare &/or experience with a distributed workforce required)
- Unlimited vacation
- Free Tia membership
- Competitive stock option package
- $300 one-time WFH stipend
- $50/month phone and internet reimbursement
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k program (no matching at this time)
- Top of the line 13" Macbook Pro
- Travel stipend for team off-sites
Founded in 2017 by Carolyn Witte and Felicity Yost, Tia is the modern medical home for women. We are trailblazing a new paradigm for women’s healthcare that treats women as whole people vs. parts or life stages. Blending in-person and virtual care services, Tia’s “Whole Woman, Whole Life” care model fuses gynecology, primary care, mental health and evidence-based wellness services to treat women comprehensively. By making women’s health higher quality and lower cost, Tia makes women healthier, providers happier, and the business of care delivery stronger — setting a new standard of care for women everywhere.
Tia has raised more than $132 Million in venture capital funding to date, including a recent $100 Million Series B investment, one of the largest early-stage rounds ever for a healthcare company focused on women. Tia has ambitious plans to scale its “whole-woman, whole-life” model to more than 100,000 women by 2023. We’ll do this by growing virtual and in-person operations in existing and new markets while expanding its service lines to care for women throughout their entire lives -- from puberty to menopause. Since launching in 2017, Tia has grown to serve thousands of women aged 18-80 with blended in-person and virtual care in New York City, Los Angeles, Phoenix and soon San Francisco.
We’re building a world class team to reimagine women’s healthcare. We’re an interdisciplinary team of clinicians, researchers, designers, technologists and operators who have seen firsthand how broken the healthcare system is for women. We’re united by a powerful mission to enable every woman to achieve optimal health, as defined by herself, as well as a shared set of values and principles that define our business, products, and culture.
Tia is building a culture of excellence — in people, process and product. This is our northstar value;
What is excellence, exactly?
Excellence about constantly elevating yourself, it is the process of constantly striving to perform to the best of your abilities, and identifying your top potential through constant learning, experimentation and evolution. Excellence is not about achieving perfection, as that insinuates a pinnacle. Instead, in our terms, excellence is about the pursuit of constant improvement. We’re looking for people who want to go on that hard journey of constantly setting new personal records, and organizational records.
We practice excellence at Tia by demonstrating the following types of behaviors: We chose (and actively choose) excellence as Tia’s highest order value because it crystalizes into one word several behaviors that we hold dear, specifically:
- A drive to constantly improve through experimentation, reflection. and an insatiable growth mindset — said another way, we’re energized by the possibility of invention, innovation, and iteration
- Being present in and grateful for the journey — not just the goal line. Perfection is static. Excellence is a process (more on this important distinction below)
- Asking why, then why again — because accepting “this is just the way it is” is not good enough
- Grit & perseverance — a maker mentality that involves “rolling up your sleeves”, but also deep care for oneself and for others
- A commitment to uncovering talents to unlock “rock star” potential across every individual
Furthermore, excellence reflects the “bigness” and the “boldness” of Tia’s mission and vision — a world in which every woman can achieve optimal health, as defined by herself.
Said another way, Tia’s mission is NOT to make healthcare incrementally better for women. Instead, we’ve intentionally set out to create a fundamentally new paradigm for modern women’s healthcare that’s truly excellent. We believe that creating a company that operates in a culture of excellence will manifest in our product. Reaching this goal is not an overnight pursuit or a “one and done.” We have not and will not “get it right” with the first swing. Rather, this higher order goal is a moving target — one we have not and will not ever fully “achieve.” By design, we will never be “done” with this work, but instead, we will be continuously in pursuit of our mission. It is this continuous pursuit — the journey, not the finish line — that truly embodies excellence.
Compensation Range in California: $97,000 - $120,000
This position may require attendance at company and team off-sites and is subject the Company’s vaccine requirement, as permitted by law and subject to reasonable accommodation.
Tia is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and patients. We strongly encourage people of color and members of the LGBTQ+ community to apply.
If you are committed to collaborative problem solving, creating high-quality and user-centric products, and want to make waves in women's healthcare, join us!
Tia Headquarters Location
New York, NY
Tia Company Size
Between 200 - 500 employees
Tia Founded Year
Tia Total Amount Raised
Tia Funding RoundsView funding details