Home Goods Designer - FAM BrandsView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Home Goods Designer
- Job Location
- Los Angeles, California, United States
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Inventive Design. Mindful Manufacturing. Global Reach.
Founded in 2000, FAM Brands designs, manufactures, and sells men’s and women’s sportswear and active wear apparel to major retailers, big box stores, and specialty boutiques across the country and throughout the world. Our portfolio of proprietary brands features Marika, Wildfox, Three Dots, and Balance Collection, while a partial list of licensing partners includes Orvis, Jessica Simpson, Eddie Bauer, and Woolrich.
With the capacity to produce over 75 million units per year, our mission continues to be making top-quality apparel accessible to everyone at an impressive value and an irresistible price.
That's the FAM Brands difference.
Title: Home Goods Designer
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Position Type: Full-time, Exempt (Onsite)
The compensation for this full-time position in the US is $75,000.00 - $95,000.00 + discretionary bonus. The range may vary based on factors such as location, job-related skills, experience, and education. Benefits are available to all full-time employees working at least 30 hours per week. Please note that the compensation information listed in job postings only includes the base salary, and does not include bonuses or benefits.
As a member of the FAMily, you'll be eligible to participate in our amazing benefits package.
First and foremost, we value work-life balance, so you'll receive vacation and sick time to use as needed. We also offer personal holidays, because everyone needs a break now and then. And in light of the current pandemic, we've added COVID time off to give you the opportunity to rest and recharge. Additionally, our office is closed on weekends and after 6:30 PM during the week, so you can have some quality time with friends and family.
But it's not all about time off. We also prioritize the health and well-being of our employees, which is why we offer comprehensive mental health services through Talkspace. And for physical health, we provide Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance coverage for medical (PPO and EPO), as well as UNUM dental and vision insurance. Plus, we've got you covered with company-paid life and short/long-term disability insurance. And if you're looking to save for the future, our 401k plan has matching and immediate vesting.
But wait, there's more! As a member of the FAMily, you'll also have access to Nationwide Pet Insurance and a variety of UNUM supplemental insurance policies, including life, critical illness, accident, and hospital coverage. And if you have medical or dependent expenses, you can use our flexible spending accounts to offset the cost.
But that's not all. We also offer an onsite gym with instructor-led workout classes, a stocked Everytable fridge, and of course, free Starbucks coffee to help fuel your workday.
The Homegoods Designer is responsible for creating and developing new and innovative designs for a variety of home goods products, including textiles, furniture, and decor. They will work closely with the product development and marketing teams to ensure that designs align with current trends and customer preferences. They will also be responsible for creating detailed specifications and technical drawings for the production team.
- Create and develop new and innovative designs for home goods products, including textiles, furniture, and decor
- Work closely with the product development and marketing teams to ensure designs align with current trends and customer preferences
- Create detailed specifications and technical drawings for the production team
- Research and stay up-to-date on industry trends and customer preferences
- Attend trade shows and other industry events to stay informed about new products, materials, and design trends
- Collaborate with other designers and team members to create cohesive and successful product lines
- Ensure designs meet safety and regulatory standards
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Design, Interior Design or related field
- A minimum of 3+ years of experience in home goods design
- Strong knowledge of design principles, materials, and manufacturing processes
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Experience with design software such as Adobe Creative Suite, AutoCAD and SketchUp
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to create solutions that meet business and design goals.
- Experience with Sketching, rendering, and prototyping.
- Knowledge of sustainability and environmental impacts on design.
- Strong ability to work in a team environment and ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
Commitment to Equal Employment Opportunities & Diversity
FAM Brands is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. FAM Brands makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
FAM Brands Headquarters Location
FAM Brands Company Size
Between 75 - 500 employees
FAM Brands Founded Year