Head of Total Rewards - CartaView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Head of Total Rewards
- Job Location
- San Francisco, CA
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
The Company You’ll Join
Carta is a platform that helps people manage equity, build businesses, and invest in the companies of tomorrow. Our mission is to unlock the power of equity ownership for more people in more places.
Carta is trusted by more than 30,000 companies and over half a million employees in nearly 150 countries to manage cap tables, compensation, and valuations. Carta also supports over 5,000 funds representing over $100B in assets under administration with their venture capital solutions. Carta’s liquidity solutions have returned $13B to shareholders in secondary transactions. Today Carta’s platform manages over two trillion dollars in equity for nearly two million people globally. Companies and funds like Canva, Tribe, and Pipe build their businesses on Carta.
The company has been included on the Forbes World’s Best Cloud Companies, Fast Company's Most Innovative list, and Inc.’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies. For more information, visit carta.com.
The Team You’ll Work With
Reporting to the Chief People Officer, the Head of Total Rewards at Carta collaborates frequently with our Executive team, Board of Directors, and Compensation Committee. You will partner with the greater People Team to attract and retain top talent. As the Head of Total Rewards, you will lead our Total Rewards team to execute our company-wide compensation and benefits philosophy.
The Problems You’ll Solve
- Translate our compensation and benefits philosophy into a tactical execution plan for Carta’s employees with a focus on our annual equity refresh program and salary reviews
- Upon approval, oversee the deployment of the communication plan to inform employees of the value and modifications to the company's compensation, benefits, retirement, and related programs
- Manage, coach, and develop a team of compensation and benefits experts
- Collaborate and consult with HR Business Partners and Recruiting on offers, promotions, transfers, and develop policies and guidelines to support Cartans continued growth
- Forecast and propose a long-term compensation and equity strategy roadmap that is competitive in the marketplace while keeping in mind our equity pool
- Iterate upon our current compensation model while working with our executive team and board to build a truly innovative total rewards and equity program
The Impact You’ll Have
At Carta, you will build and maintain a job architecture that will act as a foundation for compensation changes and reviews. In addition to developing your team, you will work closely with the Executive team to align on our company wide compensation and benefits philosophy -- impacting current and future employees. Lastly, you would be building a truly innovative and one-of-a-kind equity and rewards program that we hope will help shape the course for future companies to follow.
- Deep understanding of stock options, RSUs, and other equity offerings
- Experience building and running compensation programs such as merit and equity refresh
- Analytically driven; feels at home in Excel and Google Sheets and has experience using Radford data for benchmarking
- Proven success in operating within an ambiguous and ever-changing environment
- Ability to influence C-level Executives and Board Members
- Strong business acumen, financially astute, and detail oriented
- Roll up your sleeves mentality; this is a leadership position but you will still be involved in individual contributor work
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at email@example.com. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.
Carta Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Carta Company Size
Between 1,000 - 5,000 employees
Carta Founded Year
Carta Total Amount Raised
Carta Funding RoundsView funding details