Head of Revenue, North America - CoalitionView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Head of Revenue, North America
- Job Location
- Any location, United States
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
- About Us
Coalition is the world's first Active Insurance provider designed to help prevent digital risk before it strikes. Founded in 2017, Coalition combines broad insurance coverage with a digital risk assessment and continuous security monitoring to help organizations protect themselves in today’s hyper-connected world.
Coalition offers its Active Insurance products in the U.S., U.K., and Canada through relationships with leading global insurers including Allianz, Arch Insurance, Lloyd’s of London, Swiss Re and Zurich, as well as cyber capacity through its own carrier, Coalition Insurance Company. Coalition's Active Risk Platform provides automated security alerts, threat intelligence, expert guidance, and cybersecurity tools to help businesses worldwide remain resilient against cyber attacks.
Coalition comprises a team of cybersecurity and technology experts, as well as experienced insurance professionals, who have come together to build a world-class organization with a massive technological advantage. Our secret sauce is bringing these expertise together to create a world-class organization with one mission: to protect the unprotected as the world digitizes. Today, Coalition is one of the world’s largest commercial insurtechs serving hundreds of thousands of customers worldwide.
Since its founding, Coalition has raised $755 million in equity funding, including $250 million in June 2022, affirming its ability to deliver profitable growth and cementing its position as a long-term business with a clear competitive advantage.
Coalition’s exceptional growth stems from its ability to address real-world problems for organizations of all sizes, and by remaining true to our founding values of character, humility, responsibility, purpose, authenticity and inclusion. We are proud to have been named among Inc.’s Best Workplaces in 2021 and 2023, and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2022.
About the Role
We are seeking a seasoned and transformational Head of Revenue to lead several key broker-facing verticals within our Insurance organization (Business Development, Inside Sales, Production Underwriting, and Sales Operations), with a focus on our US and Canada operations. This individual will be responsible for inspirational sales leadership and management of growth through aggressively growing top-line revenues and driving new business through the implementation of scalable, repeatable, structured systems and processes.
Additionally, the person in this role will serve as a strong business leader and customer partner, and will have the drive and commitment to both understand and successfully navigate our rapid growth within the cyber insurance space.
This is a fully remote position that can be based anywhere within the US.
- The Head of Revenue will be responsible for setting and executing our go-to-market and insurance sales strategy
- Assume the leadership of a growing organization, including senior leaders and individual contributors across all revenue-focused teams; attract, develop, retain, and manage performance of direct reports
- Inspire, motivate, and drive organizational planning with an eye towards long-term success
- Set and execute an aggressive broker acquisition strategy to generate growth in revenue and bookings
- Ensure that key broker relationships are maintained, and develop and implement strategies for expanding our customer base within the insurance industry
- Work closely with functions and other executives across the company (including Product, Finance, and Engineering) to establish and develop a strong and collaborative partnership to ensure continued success
- Ensure detailed and accurate sales forecasting from our Sales Operations team
- Lead the overall sales process and set appropriate metrics for sales funnel management
- Report to Executive Leadership and Board on a regular cadence with a focus on key metrics (GWP, broker acquisition, and activity management)
- Plan and manage at both the strategic and operational levels
Skills and Qualifications
- 15+ years of directly relevant experience, including 7+ years of senior leadership (managing teams in strategic sales or business development within the Americas); insurance industry experience strongly preferred
- Solid track record of recruiting, developing, and retaining high-performing teams
- Consistent overachievement of quarterly and annual revenue goals
- Proven ability to drive transformational change across a large organization: understands the drivers of how to change a culture, assess performance, continuously refresh a revenue-focused team and build capability
- Excellent operational and analytical abilities
- Proven track record of building satisfied, loyal and reference-able customers
- Dynamic and strong sales execution mindset with a passion for a fast-paced growing environment
- Proven success working within a highly matrixed organization and establishing relationships across all functions
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The overall market range for roles in this area of Coalition is typically $200,000 - $550,000.
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Annual home office stipend and WeWork access
- Mental & physical health wellness programs (One Medical, Headspace, Gympass, and more)!
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
#LI-RemoteWhy Coalition?We’re a highly fulfilling, mission-driven team who is committed to building a more diverse and inclusive culture. We want to work with people of all different backgrounds and paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and put in the work, no matter how small the task. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated individuals to join #OurCoalition and help us on our mission to solve digital risk.Recent press releases:
To learn more, check out our featured press releases:
Coalition's very foundation is built on respecting and encouraging diversity and inclusion across the organization. Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.Coalition is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Coalition Closes $250 Million in Series F Funding, Valuing the Cyber Insurance Provider at $5 Billion
- Coalition Named to Fast Company’s Annual List of of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2022
- Coalition Launches Active Insurance, Reaches $650M Run Rate GWP
- Coalition launches tech-powered executive risks products with personalized risk assessment for all US small-businesses
Coalition Headquarters Location
New York, NY
Coalition Company Size
Between 10 - 50 employees
Coalition Founded Year