Head of Research: Merchant, Support, and Tools - DoorDashView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Head of Research: Merchant, Support, and Tools
- Job Location
- San Francisco, CA; Los Angeles, CA; Seattle, WA; New York, NY; Chicago, IL; Austin, TX
- Job Description
About the Team
DoorDash believes that success begins with an amazing customer experience. The Research team makes room at the table for all of our audiences - Dashers, Merchants, and Consumers - to influence product and company strategy. We uncover insights that inspire the development of the most innovative and delightful experiences. The Research team is at an exciting stage - growing, but still early enough where you will be able to shape the team culture and process from the ground up while, at the same time, guiding the company to bigger and bolder new bets. Your scope will be broad and your autonomy will be high.
About the Role
The Research team is looking for an experienced leader to build, develop, manage, and lead all aspects of Merchant, Support, and Tools Research. You and your team will work with partners like PMs, Design, Analytics, Eng, and Strategy & Operations to invent, build, scale, and optimize a wide ranging set of products, each with their own set of Design and Product Management teams:
- The Merchant portal and management tools across web, tablet, and mobile
- Merchant relationship/partnerships, including improving selection and monetization
- 0-to-1 products like building the DoorDash Ads and Promos ecosystem
- Scaling our Merchant platform with Drive, Storefront, and other B2B products
- Improve Customer Support for all audiences (Customers, Merchants, Dashers)
- Internal tools used across the company like sales, support, analytics etc.
This role will report into the Head of Research.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Partner with company leaders to drive a wide scope of critical impact
- Own research outcomes for a very wide scope of business goals, products, and audiences including DoorDash Merchants, internal, and external-facing tooling and B2B products
- Set the strategic vision for the Merchant Research team
- Hire, manage, and grow a diverse team of high impact Researchers
- Get to the “lowest level of detail” by designing and executing a portfolio of impactful research studies using an advanced toolbox of quantitative and qualitative methods
- Be a research thought leader and advocate for all of our audiences
- Contribute to fostering team cohesion and belonging within the broader Merchant teams
- Mentor and grow a research team
We’re excited about you because you have…
- 15+ years of experience leading research including 7+ years experience building and managing research teams
- Experience building complex tools and enterprise products, specifically B2B and tool research are preferred, particularly with Merchant and internal employee audiences
- Can attract, retain, develop, and manage a talented team of researchers while inspiring them to do their best work in a changing, ambiguous, and complex environment
- A passion for creating an inclusive team that fosters intellectual honesty, courage, and teamwork, giving team members the space and support they need to thrive and grow
- Strong followership at all levels, including the ability to influence company strategy
- Senior technical research skills including the ability to prioritize and define research questions, identify appropriate methods (both quantitative and qualitative), execute studies, and synthesize findings
- A desire to lead as an example of the DoorDash values
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A MA/MS or PhD in Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Cognitive or Experimental Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology or a related research or scientific field
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
DoorDash Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
DoorDash Company Size
Between 8,600 - 8,600 employees
DoorDash Founded Year
DoorDash Total Amount Raised
DoorDash Funding RoundsView funding details