Head of Public Affairs Agency Partnerships - ApplecartView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Head of Public Affairs Agency Partnerships
- Job Location
- Washington, District of Columbia, United States
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Applecart is a high-growth marketing technology company based in New York City, founded in 2013. Applecart has developed a proprietary social graph platform that uses publicly available data to map over 25 billion social relationships between more than 250 million adult Americans. Applecart’s platform helps major corporations, national nonprofit organizations, and high-profile political campaigns with their highest stakes marketing challenge: reaching hard-to-reach audiences of decision makers, spanning corporate executives, legislators, regulators, investors, members of the media, and more.
For years, marketing technology businesses have focused on solving b2c (consumer) marketing challenges (e.g. look-a-like modeling to find new customers), but the traditional pay-per-impression advertising model has left a massive opportunity unsolved for: how to market when a company’s target isn’t the average consumer, but is instead a single, senior decision maker. Applecart is the solution to this problem for some of the world’s most prominent organizations.
Quick facts about us:
- Applecart has generated over $40M in revenue and is growing 100%+ Y-o-Y
- Our senior leadership team includes two members of the 2021 Forbes 30 under 30 list for Marketing and Advertising, a former senior White House advisor, one of the earliest sales leaders at Google and Twitter, and two of the Democratic Party’s most successful pollsters and strategists
- Our investors include global sports, entertainment and marketing giant Endeavor, KKR Co-Chairman and Co-CEO Henry Kravis, entrepreneur Chris Burch, a founder of Palantir, senior engineering leaders at Twitter and Yelp, past CEOs of Fortune 50 companies and a number of well-known venture capitalists. Endeavor CEO Ari Emanuel is a board member of the company.
- Our work has been featured on Morning Joe on MSNBC, Bloomberg and The Colbert Report, and in Axios, BusinessWeek, the Associated Press, Forbes, the Washington Post, and Politico, among many others.
About the Role
As a Head of Public Affairs Agency Partnerships at Applecart, you will grow our digital and public affairs agency-generated business through outreach and management of key agency partners. You will grow our business by leveraging your agency contacts and experience to close deals with existing and new agency partners. You excel in high-energy environments and relish dealing with all the challenges that growth creates. You have experience in agency sales and understand how to navigate the complex agency environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and execute a strategy to strengthen Applecart’s relationships with our key agency partners in DC (and beyond) with a special focus on prominent digital public affairs firms.
- Manage outreach to relevant prospective new agencies through compelling and creative strategies.
- Customize compelling proposals that reflect a deep understanding of both the company’s products and the agency ecosystem.
- Own sales lifecycle from lead (or agency) identification --> prospecting --> pitching --> closing --> to handing off the business to the client services team.
- Become an expert in Applecart’s value proposition and product.
- Utilize CRM (Hubspot) system to track activity and manage sales opportunities.
- Research and track developments in agency news and the business world to find business development leads.
- Present and communicate clearly, comfortably, and expertly about the company’s product offerings, verbally and in written form.
Who You Are:
- 7+ years of experience selling to or working with digital public affairs agencies
- BA/BS from a four-year college or university
- Prior work experience in relevant media sales and/or with digital agencies
- Experience using Hubspot or a similar CRM
- Results driven with a proven track record of beating quota and revenue-driving results
- Ability and desire to help grow a new business function and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; impeccable attention to detail
- Proficiency in Powerpoint and Excel
- Experience producing intuitive, client-ready business memos and decks
- You possess an energetic, upbeat disposition and excellent sense of humor
- History of being a self-starter
Our compensation package consists of three components: (i) a base salary, (ii) sales commission paid quarterly in cash, and (iii) generous equity compensation.
The base salary range for this role is between $150,000.00-$200,000.00, based on the candidate's experience and skills relative to the requirements listed in the “Who You Are” section above. The salary range provided is exclusive of a significant amount of compensation that candidates will receive in the form of sales commission (comprises at least 50% of cash compensation for candidates who meet or exceed their sales quota) and equity compensation. The salary range provided for this role is specific to candidates located in the New York City area.
Applecart Headquarters Location
New York, NY
Applecart Company Size
Between 100 - 200 employees
Applecart Founded Year
Applecart Total Amount Raised
Applecart Funding RoundsView funding details