Head of Product - GHOSTView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Head of Product
- Job Location
- Los Angeles, California
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Ghost is a private, b2b marketplace that helps scale distribution for the best brands in the world. Ghost works with leading brands in streetwear, apparel, footwear, beauty, and home to find alternative distribution channels for surplus inventory. By providing transparency, data, and a network of vetted buyers, the Ghost platform serves as the backbone for sellers to diversify and optimize their inventory lifecycle. Backed by top VC funds (Cathay, USV, Equal, Eniac), Ghost is one of the fastest growing startups in LA.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Head of Product will drive our organization toward achieving its quarterly product development objectives. As a member of the leadership team, this role will oversee the product team, fostering close collaboration with our engineering and design leaders and serving as a linchpin in our strategic initiatives. The ideal candidate is an accomplished leader who thrives in a fast-paced environment, demonstrating exceptional skill in balancing both short-term objectives and the long-term strategic vision for our marketplace. They possess a proven track record of enhancing critical product metrics such as sell-through rate, customer retention, churn rate, and usage frequency while embodying leadership, teamwork, and a hands-on work ethic.
- Define and drive product strategy in partnership with our co-founders and your cross-functional partners.
- Maintain and deliver a roadmap of key initiatives that accelerate the optimal marketplace experience for buyers, sellers, and internal users.
- Lead, mentor, and nurture a high performing team of product managers to grow and excel at their craft.
- Partner with design and engineering to ensure we ship work at the intersection of user value, business viability, and engineering feasibility.
- Champion the end-to-end product development process to deliver high-value and high-quality product releases.
- Be customer-obsessed and use both qualitative and quantitative insights to plan, test, and release new features.
- Proficient in transitioning between short-term objectives and a long-term strategic vision for our products.
- Demonstrated excellence in team management, including product managers, while maintaining a high level of technical expertise (preferably with marketplace, retail, or e-commerce experience).
- A proven track record of implementing clear product development processes and frameworks to facilitate more effective iteration and delivery.
- Expertise in leveraging metrics and analytics tools to comprehend user behavior, market, and product performance, in addition to analyzing qualitative customer feedback.
- Dedicated to staying at the forefront of technology trends, ensuring the integration of cutting-edge advancements into our product roadmap.
What you will love:
We believe if we aren’t first, we’re last! We need to be the best at what we do. We must set the highest standards in our winner-take-all market. We fight for every dollar and never settle. We are all owners, hustlers, and streetfighters - working together to achieve a unified goal.
Anything we can do tomorrow, we can do today. We drive a culture of high velocity, leaving no room for analysis paralysis. We promote efficiency and progress in every step we take. If it will help the business, just do it. It’s better to get a speeding ticket than a parking ticket.
We are a customer-obsessed company and believe in making it magical: Our members are at the center of our universe. We continuously strive to create experiences that are 10x better at every touchpoint. We anticipate their needs and go above and beyond, delivering experiences that surpass expectations.
We believe in working as a team to provide solutions, not problems. We are committed to reaching our goals, no matter the challenges. We tackle projects as a team, with a "jump in with both feet" mentality. Every roadblock is an opportunity for innovation. No task is too big or too small, and we take on challenges beyond our core responsibilities, spreading optimism and confidence.
We embrace radical candor. We embrace difficult questions and uncomfortable answers. Our decisions are grounded in data and facts, leading to meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We value giving and receiving open, honest feedback. We critique ideas, not individuals. We embrace radical transparency and rigorous thinking, avoiding decisions driven by ego or self-interest.
Benefits we offer:
- Medical, Vision, and Dental with some plans covered at 100%
- Competitive compensation and equity structure
- 401K + match
- Unlimited PTO
- Remote options (for select positions)
- Home office stipend (for select positions)
- Monthly catered lunch
Our total compensation for this position can range from $150,000 to $250,000. The actual amounts may vary based on factors such as experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities related to the position.
GHOST Headquarters Location
Los Angeles, CA
GHOST Company Size
Between 50 - 100 employees
GHOST Founded Year
GHOST Total Amount Raised
GHOST Funding RoundsView funding details