Head of People - SwoogoView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Head of People
- Job Location
- Remote - United States
- Job Description
Hi, we're Swoogo, pioneers of the event management frontier. Need proof? We grew up supporting in-person events, but connected hundreds of thousands of people through digital events over the course of the pandemic. Now, with in-person and digital capabilities, we're poised to take on hybrid events, and we've emerged as a leader in a space that is being completely redefined and reinvented. A highly focused, fully distributed event management software startup.
Head of People
People get things done, and you? You get people. You know exactly when a friend needs an invite to dinner based on the vaguest social media post. You’re the one everyone wants riding shotgun on a long road trip; your ability to get everyone laughing after a missed turn is unrivaled. You feel in your soul that there’s no wrong time for a party— whether the spirits are low or the mood is high, celebration is always worth investing in. You’ve been mistaken for the “parent” of the group, but you’re more like the puppeteer; sure, you’re there to keep everyone safe and happy, but you’re at your best when no one even realizes you’re doing it.
You know that putting people together can be as exhilarating as Ranch on pizza or as devastating as ketchup on sushi, and finding perfect combinations brings you indescribable joy. To you, building teams means building skill sets, of course; but also building relationships, sensing power dynamics, harmonizing people, and sniffing out common ground (even when it’s a couple layers below the surface).
You know that culture isn’t just a word, and you’re stalwart in your duty to protect a great one. As our team grows to a hundred, two hundred and beyond, you’ll be shining our culture overhead, the bat signal of the Swoogo team, a call to empathy, kindness, teamwork, ownership, and a shared drive to move this company forward.
The people who make up Swoogo are our biggest competitive advantage, and we’re looking for a Head of People to help us lead and grow the best team in event tech. We don’t call it HR because we view humans as humans, not resources. This is a unique opportunity for someone who has a frustration with how HR is typically done, and a proven record of doing it differently, to both suit the needs of the people and the bottom line of the business. You’ll be an expert in and responsible for all things People! You’ll play an integral role in developing Swoogo’s talent acquisition strategy and helping build out company processes in collaborative teams. Under your leadership, the People function will partner with every team to recruit talent, develop leaders and mentors, manage performance, and create programs to bolster motivation and engagement. You’ll be the leader of our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion initiatives. This position will report to the SVP of Operations and is fully remote. #LI-REMOTE
- Build, scale and lead a world-class People function
- Champion our remote culture through forward-thinking initiatives, programs, and activities
- Create and oversee execution of annual People processes, programs and systems, such as performance management, talent assessment and reviews, individual development planning, and merit and promotion cycle.
- Develop and define internal organizational policies that support employees well being, growth, and engagement; and ensure compliance
- Manage employee relations programs across all business units
- Develop a fair and scalable approach to compensation, to be implemented across the company
- Work with managers to resolve and prevent team conflicts and performance issues
- Oversee the management and administration of all employee policies and benefits
- Operate both strategically and be able to roll up your sleeves and dig into tactical work. Keep in mind that this is a build opportunity so you’ll be both leading and doing a lot of the initial work.
- Oversee Talent Management and coach managers on succession planning, talent reviews, feedback, and terminations
- Provide expert guidance, using data where relevant, on employee relations, organizational design, and headcount planning as we rapidly scale our workforce.
- Acquire and maintain in-depth knowledge of Swoogo’s operating plan, including but not limited to the workforce plan, budget, and product offerings.
- Minimum of 8 years experience in a Human Resources or People Operations role, and managing global HR teams
- Demonstrated experience creating policies and processes at a global, remote SaaS organization
- A love for building (while doing!)
- Comfort with setting strategy and building tactical plans for execution
- Strong understanding of change management, organization design and development and team effectiveness, especially in a remote environment
- Exceptional people skills, including the ability to work effectively with a wide group of stakeholders
- Strong credibility as an HR advisor to senior executive levels, and ability to coach and develop early career talent
- Integrity and the willingness to do what is right for our team, company, and customers.
- Well developed analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to make recommendations by using data and judgment that is consistent with company culture and goals
What we bring to the table
- Competitive Pay
- Did we mention we are fully and globally remote? As long as you have WiFi, you’re good to go.
- Unlimited PTO plus company holidays
- $1,000 annual stipend for vacation travel
- Parental and Family Leave
- Health Insurance including vision and dental
- Super-positive team culture with a smart and passionate team
- When safe to do so, bi-annual all-hands off site. We’ve been to Newport, Lisbon, Atlanta, Utah, San Diego and Miami. Ideas for the next one?
- Technology / Home Office Stipend
- Stock Options
Our Hiring Process
Swoogo takes seriously our responsibility to care for the security and privacy of our customers’ and their users’ data. We observe and are certified in a variety of global compliance standards. In accordance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Swoogo does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Swoogo.
Swoogo is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Swoogo Headquarters Location
Los Angeles, CA
Swoogo Company Size
Between 50 - 200 employees
Swoogo Founded Year
Swoogo Total Amount Raised
Swoogo Funding RoundsView funding details