Head of Learning & Development - Abnormal SecurityView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Head of Learning & Development
- Job Location
- Remote - USA
- Job Description
The Head of Learning & Development is responsible for supporting the People Team by owning a portfolio of L&D initiatives in areas including, but not limited to employee growth, leadership and management development training. In addition, you would manage our Onboarding Coordinator and oversee new hire bootcamp to ensure that from even before day one, we are building a culture that excites our team members, sets them up for success, connects them to our mission and values, helps them thrive, and continuously grow within Abnormal Security. Our L&D Mission is to deliver an exceptional experience with immediate positive and lasting impact, and we’re looking for the right person to help us do this!
Who you are:
- Understanding of design thinking and the importance of customer centricity.
- Solution Oriented.
- Process improvement and project management fanatic.
- Proven ability to organize, prioritize work (re-prioritize work), and ensure timely deliverables.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for communicating ideas and information clearly, accurately, and tactfully verbally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively work with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to work independently, has good judgment, proven problem solving skills with attention to detail and follow-up.
- Driven, self-motivated, and enthusiastic approach with a "can do" attitude.
- Flexible approach, able to operate effectively with uncertainty and change.
- Results-driven mentality, with a bias for speed and action.
- Strong analytical skills, independent thinking and reasoning ability.
- Customer centric and empathetic.
- You will become an expert at demonstrating our values.
- You are innovative, recognizing that the future of work is changing and employee development is the first to evolve with it.
What you’ll do:
- Manage a portfolio of L&D (Learning and Development) initiatives in areas including, but not limited to employee growth, leadership and management development training, and employee onboarding bootcamp.
- Evaluate the current approach to people development programs, including careers and learning, assist in gathering requirements from stakeholders, and identifying leading practices for program evolvement.
- Conduct external research to identify leading practice program features and functionality for inclusion in Abnormal Security's future career and talent programs.
- Identify approaches and disciplines that will lead to the application of user-centered design across all People Programs.
- Help identify new learning and development opportunities for People Team initiatives through data, analytics, insights, and design thinking with surveys, interviews, focus groups, and communication with managers, instructors, and employee representatives.
- Partner with program leads on ongoing careers and learning system initiatives to ensure that current decisions are in alignment with the broader strategy of ensuring Abnormal Security’s culture, user focus, and scale requirements remain top of mind (apply this to everything you do).
- Support defining the approach by which careers, performance and learning outcomes can be actioned throughout people processes and decision making (e.g., to develop more targeted goals, recruitment job criteria, compensation plans).
- Create a first line leader program to help drive manager effectiveness of leaders across the business.
- Mentor and coach team members for success.
- Implement and drive initiatives that will promote our values, improve organizational effectiveness and our overall employee experience.
- Use critical thinking to iterate, build on, and innovate new ways to foster best-in-class employee engagement.
- Support People Team initiatives through effective communication, best-in-class implementation plans and facilitate global adoption.
- Assist with the successful execution of all of our internal employee experiences that foster a hybrid work culture such as, Abnormal Business School, global onsites, monthly activities, team bonding, and employee recognition.
- Be a champion and advocate of our mission, values and culture by fostering values-driven solutions to our challenges.
Experience you’ll need:
- 8+ years of relevant work experience in training and/or leadership development in Tech/SaaS.
- 8+ years of experience working in Enablement and Learning and Development, or related field, with a proven ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Knowledge of Learning and Development best practices and the ability to apply said practices within our processes.
- Experience delivering cross functional projects in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment, or extensive knowledge of process improvement and project management.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication as well as interpersonal and organizational skills for communicating to team members at all levels of the organization.
- Must have strong tech skills, including GSuite, and Slack
More About Abnormal Security:
Abnormal Security is defining the next generation of email security defense. Our platform uses machine learning and artificial intelligence to baseline communication content, user identity, and behavioral signals in real-time and at-scale in order to detect the abnormalities of email attacks. Customers love us because we consistently detect and stop what everyone else in the market can’t -- advanced attacks that have never been seen before -- and we do so with beautiful user interfaces and best-in-industry customer support.
Our veteran team has built some of the most enduring machine learning platforms at leading companies including Google, Twitter, Pinterest, Amazon, Microsoft, and Expanse. We are located in San Francisco,CA, New York, NY and Lehi, UT.
Our company is growing - we’re on the Forbes AI 50, selected as a Gartner 2020 Cool Vendor, and our customer base includes multiple Fortune 500 companies.
Abnormal Security is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. Our commitment to equal opportunity employment applies to all persons involved in our operations and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee, including managers and coworkers.
Abnormal Security Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Abnormal Security Company Size
Between 500 - 1,000 employees
Abnormal Security Founded Year
Abnormal Security Total Amount Raised
Abnormal Security Funding RoundsView funding details