Head of Global Strategic Sourcing - FictivView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Head of Global Strategic Sourcing
- Job Location
- Bengaluru, India Office
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Fictiv Exists to Enable Hardware Innovators to Build Better Products, Faster
Fictiv, coined the “AWS of manufacturing,” is a leading technology company transforming the $350 billion manufacturing industry. Our cutting-edge cloud platform uses AI and machine learning algorithms to help companies build hardware at the speed of software. Come join our growing team!
Impact In This Role
At Fictiv, we’re building a company that is developing the operating system for sourcing custom mechanical parts. We already enjoy manufacturing and delivering highly complex, high quality parts for our Fortune 500 customers who are building the future with products like autonomous electric vehicles, surgical systems, and industrial robots. As we expand our services to our customer base, we are continuing to expand our manufacturing operations into various global regions. As such, we are searching for an experienced and adept operations leader with exceptional knowledge in Strategic Sourcing of custom mechanical components.
In this role, you are accountable for ensuring Fictiv has a high quality manufacturing partner network that consistently meets our customers’ needs. You will work extensively cross-functionally with leaders in Sales, Marketing, Product, IT, Finance, Sourcing, Program Management, and Quality in order to develop and hone the strategy for your team and ensure the proper integration of that strategy into our Platform and back-end business systems. You’ll forecast Fictiv’s capacity needs by service offering and region based on Fictiv’s historical demand and demand forecasts and correspondingly develop onboarding requirements to ensure we are able to meet customer demand while maintaining a healthy distribution of spend across our network. And you will leverage your knowledge and network to establish a strategy-aligned, high quality manufacturing partner network and an experienced team of Strategic Sourcing professionals.
Ultimately, you’ll be responsible for ensuring we build and manage a network of strategy-aligned manufacturing partners with whom we have tight knit working relationships and that have the right mix and capacity and capabilities of supply to consistently meet our customers’ technical, lead time, & cost requirements. This position will manage a team of strategic sourcing managers, supplier development engineers, and sourcing specialists and will report directly to the Vice President of Global Core Operations.
Areas of Responsibility
- You set the tone and establish the standard for the Strategic Sourcing function. You are responsible for working with functional leaders to ensure Fictiv’s core values, standard of excellence, and business ethics are upheld.
- You provide the direction, leadership and communication necessary to achieve expected business results and operating plan goals for the Strategic Sourcing team.
Staffing & People Management
- Collaborate with Talent Acquisition, and HR to hire, onboard, develop, performance manage, and, when necessary, exit employees.
- Staff and manage a global team composed of Strategic Sourcing professionals to supplier sourcing, qualification, onboarding, and management across Fictiv’s global operating footprint.
Strategic Sourcing Strategy & Management
- Strategy Development and Implementation: Translate company strategy into a defined strategy for Fictiv’s Strategic Sourcing. Work closely with your team as well as cross functional leaders to translate Fictiv’s Strategic Sourcing strategy into roadmap that is supported across the organization (e.g. by Product, IT, Finance, etc). And own the successful execution against and implementation of that strategy.
- MP Management: Create the playbook for and oversee the execution of the qualification, onboarding, management, and development of manufacturers to meet the demand across Fictiv’s service offerings.
- Continuity of Supply: Accountable for the supply forecasting to ensure we’re aligning Manufacturing Partner capacity by region and service offering with the demand of our customers.
- Standardization: Ensure standardization (with allowance for regionalization, as necessary) of Fictiv’s strategic sourcing strategies, policies, and processes. Ultimately responsible for ensuring that Strategic Sourcing policies, processes and work instructions are defined, understood, and executed against in all regions.
- Manage Fictiv’s supply portfolio, both domestically and overseas, ensuring transparency and optimization of spend.
- Align negotiated terms with Fictiv’s Manufacturing Partners with Fictiv’s financial goals and the policies of the Finance department.
- Manage departmental expenses in alignment with regional and functional budgets.
- 10 - 25% travel required (both domestic & international).
- Must work US business Hours.
- 12+ years experience leading teams as a manager of strategic sourcing, global supply manager, or procurement manager.
- 8+ years of people management experience.
- Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management and relevant software.
- Excellent project management and cross-functional collaboration skills.
- Ability to conduct difficult negotiations and sustain good working relationships.
- Comfortable with figures and in collecting, analyzing and interpreting data.
- Solid business judgment with ability to make good decisions.
- Minimum BS degree in supply chain management, mechanical engineering or business administration; MBA preferred.
- Extremely clear and low-context communication. Great verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working in multicultural environments. Good understanding of cultural norms within the United States, China, and Mexico.
- Meticulous and detail-oriented.
- Self-starter, manages time efficiently, able to complete work in a timely manner without active supervision.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K plan
- Monthly Virtual Work stipend for things like food, internet, travel, pet care, health and wellness
- Annual Education stipend
- Parental leave programs
- Paid volunteer days
- Onboarding setup, including: standing desk, laptop, monitor, and chair, and a stipend for additional items such as headphones, blue light glasses, or any other ergonomic supplies you may want or need
- And much, much more!
Interested in in learning more? We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Our Digital Manufacturing Ecosystem is transforming how the next rockets, self-driving cars, and life-saving robots are designed, developed and delivered to customers around the world.
This transformation is made possible through our technology-backed platform, our global network of manufacturing partners, and our people with deep expertise in hardware and software development.
We’re actively seeking potential teammates who can bring diverse perspectives and experience to our culture and company. We believe inclusion is the best way to create a strong, empathetic team. Our belief is that the best team is born from an environment that emphasizes respect, honesty, collaboration, and growth.
We encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups, including but not limited to women, members of the LGBTQ community, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans.
Fictiv Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Fictiv Company Size
Between 200 - 500 employees
Fictiv Founded Year
Fictiv Total Amount Raised
Fictiv Funding RoundsView funding details