Head of Finance - IndigoView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Head of Finance
- Job Location
- Miami, Nashville or remote with frequent travel
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Healthcare providers spend roughly $20B annually on premiums for medical professional liability (“MPL”) insurance, $5-6B of which is spent for physicians. Incumbent carriers utilize outdated risk selection, underwriting, and sales processes. For the first time in 10 years, The MPL market is currently in a hardening cycle. While incumbent carriers are increasing rates to make up for underwriting losses, the environment is ripe for an innovative disruptor to capture market share by deploying artificial intelligence.
Rubicon Founders, an entrepreneurial firm focused on building and growing transformational healthcare companies, has launched Indigo to address this issue. Backed by Oak HC/FT, this company will disrupt the medical professional liability market by offering more competitive products to providers. Benefitting from significant potential cost savings as a result, providers may reallocate resources to invest more directly in patient or staff care. This company intends to fulfill Rubicon Founder’s mission of creating enduring value by impacting people in a measurable way.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, Jared Kaplan, the Head of Finance will be responsible for leading and managing all financial aspects of the organization. This role will report directly to the CEO and will be a key member of the team. The Head of Finance will provide strategic financial guidance to the organization and ensure that financial operations are efficient, effective, and compliant with all relevant regulations.
The successful candidate will ensure the culture is aligned with Indigo’s focus to operate as a data-driven organization, implementing decisions that are guided by analysis, logic, and precision. The role is ideal for a dynamic leader who wants to build and shape a culture in a fast-growing, profitable, employee and customer-centric organization.
- Develop and implement financial strategies that align with the organization's goals and objectives.
- Manage the company's financial planning and budgeting process.
- Oversee the preparation of financial statements and reports.
- Manage the company's financial operations, including accounts payable and receivable, payroll, and treasury management.
- Monitor and analyze financial performance metrics and make recommendations to improve financial performance.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable financial regulations and laws.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including investors, lenders, and auditors.
- Lead and manage the finance team, including hiring, training, and development.
- Provide financial guidance and support to other departments within the organization.
- Participate in the development and execution of the company's overall strategy.
Professional & Cultural Characteristics
- Smart, gritty, detail-oriented, mission-driven, entrepreneurial and operates with urgency
- Authentic individual with impeccable integrity.
- Deeply imbedded continuous improvement mindset. Has the confidence to address inconsistencies and challenge the status quo.
- Strong bias towards action—this individual will be naturally inclined to roll up their sleeves and do great work.
- Dedicated and passionate leader with the tenacity and natural fortitude to address challenging situations head-on and motivate others to do the same.
- Will work tirelessly to foster an environment of transparency and direct dialogue about tough issues.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and is comfortable with ambiguity. Flexibility and the ability to operate effectively within a dynamic environment will be key.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years leading Finance functions
Indigo Headquarters Location
Indigo Company Size
Between 2,000 - 5,000 employees
Indigo Founded Year
Indigo Total Amount Raised
Indigo Funding RoundsView funding details