Head of Developer Relations - USA - Inworld AIView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Head of Developer Relations - USA
- Job Location
- Mountain View, California, United States
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Why Join Inworld
Inworld is the best-funded startup in AI and gaming, with a $500 million valuation and backing from top-tier investors like Intel, Microsoft, Lightspeed, Bitkraft, Founders Fund, Kleiner Perkins, and more. Inworld was recognized by CB Insights list of the 100 most promising AI companies in the world. We’ve also been nominated alongside Anthropic, DeepMind, OpenAI and Nvidia for the Generative AI Innovator of the Year at the VentureBeat Awards 2023, and are under consideration to be a Gartner Cool Vendor in 2023.
Inworld is the leading character engine for creating AI NPCs in games and immersive entertainment. Inworld powers NPCs in experiences built by Niantic, NetEase Games, LG, Alpine Electronics, the Disney Accelerator, and more. We go beyond large language models (LLMs) to add multimodal orchestration of personality and contextual awareness that renders NPCs within the lore and logic of their worlds.
Inworld is well positioned to take a long-term view when it comes to supporting the developer community today, and stay ahead of the curve in the ever-evolving landscape of generative AI for tomorrow. By joining us now, you'll be stepping into a role where your ideas and efforts will directly influence our path forward, making this moment an extraordinary one to become a key player in our journey of shaping the future of AI and gaming.
We’re looking for a Head of Developer Relations to help the creator and developer community flourish by sharing their passion and knowledge for storytelling, games, characters, AI, and Inworld. We're looking for a creative technologist whose passion for gaming and storytelling is only matched by their drive to connect authentically with people online and in person. By showcasing the potential of Inworld’s AI characters – at game jams, conferences, Discord, or elsewhere – you will enhance users’ skill sets and spark excitement about limitless possibilities for creativity with Inworld.
If you're the type of person that always has your finger on the pulse of gaming and AI, and are eager to talk shop with anyone and everyone about your favorite NPCs, the latest Discord chatter, or an upcoming game release, this may be the role for you.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop and execute a developer relations strategy that aligns with the overall business goals and objectives.
- Establish strong relationships with developers and creators in a scalable way. You will engage with online communities in Discord and other forums to build Inworld’s user base. You will motivate and empower the community to create evangelists for Inworld.
- Work closely with product teams to directly feed developer needs into the feature roadmap.
- Participate and host community events, game jams, and conferences, as the face of Inworld.
- Write tutorials, blogs, create videos, or other content to educate the community. Create opportunities to showcase the community’s work.
- Be a bridge between the community and the rest of the company. Keep a pulse on community needs, share feedback, and work with product to shape our roadmap.
- Engage with creators through different platforms; social media, forums, etc.
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Strong familiarity and knowledge of gaming and relevant creator communities. Passionate about storytelling, new forms of interactive media, and enabling others to do their best work.
- Deep, demonstrated experience in online and in-person community building, community tools (e.g. Discord, Reddit, Itch.io, Game Jams, etc.), and social media methodologies.
- High technical fluency, with a solid ability to communicate directly with engineers on technical topics.
- Very strong technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in Unity/Unreal Engine.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Experience speaking at technology conferences, blogging, writing technical articles.
- An active contributor and member with growing following on game development communities and development platforms.
- Background in game development is a plus.
Please provide a link to your portfolio showcasing your experience of connecting with developers and speaking publicly about cutting-edge technologies.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $150,000 - $220,000. In addition to base pay, total compensation includes equity and benefits. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location, level, and additional factors, including competencies, experience, and business needs. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Inworld AI Headquarters Location
Mountain View, CA
Inworld AI Company Size
Between 100 - 500 employees
Inworld AI Founded Year
Inworld AI Total Amount Raised
Inworld AI Funding RoundsView funding details