Head of Data Engineering - NorthbeamView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Head of Data Engineering
- Job Location
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Ever since the global privacy landscape changed in the last few years, having first-party data has become a requirement for e-commerce businesses. Northbeam steps in to provide our clients with the solution for their data needs, and it pays off. As a result, we’ve been seeing some unprecedented growth. We need your help in order to build the product that’s going to power the great e-commerce brands of the future and today.
We’re a remote-first company with team members in San Francisco, Denver, Los Angeles, New York, and more.
About the Role
You can expect to:
- Manage the members of the data engineering team, providing 1-1s, mentorship, and feedback with a focus on growing them as engineers, as well as working through non-performance.
- Work with the heads of the engineering and product management teams on roadmap planning, product discovery, and project management.
- Build the data engineering team with the help of our recruiting team.
- Improve the architecture of the system over time while working with our senior engineers.
- Think through data security and privacy with our security team.
- Lead and coach others to lead incident resolution for data engineering incidents.
- Work with our support engineering and customer support teams to solve customer issues and create processes improving customer issue resolution.
- As the team is growing, work hands-on with the code to both coach team-members and to ship your own changes.
- Work with our infrastructure to scale the system.
- Write technical documentation for internal and external stakeholders.
- At least 2 years of management experience in the last few years.
- At least 6+ years of engineering experience (cumulative with the above).
- Experience building backend systems with languages such as Python.
- Experience working with SQL.
Good to have
- Management experience on data engineering teams.
- Management experience at startups.
- Experience working in marketing, e-commerce, or ad-tech.
- Experience working with data pipelines such as Airflow.
- Experience in data engineering technologies like Kafka.
- Experience working with cloud infrastructure.
These are the values we share as the Northbeam community:
- Growth mindset - we’re always learning and growing
- Customer focus - we want to make the customer happy with our product
- Ownership mentality - we think like owners in the business
- Radical candor - we’re transparent and give direct feedback to one another
Northbeam Headquarters Location
View on map
San Francisco, CA
Northbeam Company Size
Between 20 - 50 employees
Northbeam Founded Year
Northbeam Total Amount Raised
Northbeam Funding RoundsView funding details