Head of Communications - Nova LabsView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Head of Communications
- Job Location
- US Remote
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
We are looking for a Head of Communications to lead our communications strategies, narratives, and media relations that help shape the stories of Nova Labs and its products.
About Nova Labs
Founded in 2013, Nova Labs (formerly Helium Systems, Inc.) is a for-profit entity composed of the original founding team behind the open-source Helium Network. As the pioneer of decentralized wireless communications, Nova Labs has a two-pronged mission: to solve the unnecessary fragmentation and costs that plague IoT connectivity through 1663, their IoT division, and to enable people to genuinely benefit from the success of their mobile carrier through Helium Mobile. For more information, visit nova.xyz.
In this role you will:
- Lead PR, media relations, and crisis communications strategies for the company in collaboration with key stakeholders .
- Develop compelling stories and narratives to evangelize Nova Labs products within the Helium ecosystem (e.g. Helium Mobile).
- Work cross-functionally with teams to ensure messaging is aligned with overall strategic initiatives and goals.
- Proactively identify and respond to PR opportunities, including media interviews, speaking engagements, and podcasts.
- Cultivate new and existing relationships with journalists, media, influencers.
- Oversee development and distribution of press materials, key messages, Q&A documents.
- Work with agency partners to own and manage the execution of successful PR programs.
- 7+ years in public relations or communications-related field.
- Proven track record and experience with crisis communications and similar communication strategies.
- Established relationships with key media and influencers.
- Passion for storytelling and crafting compelling narratives.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and translate for a consumer audience.
- Experience developing and leading communications strategies.
- Strong writing skills to develop press materials and messaging.
- Attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Experience or passion for web3, crypto, or telecom startup is highly desired.
- Total compensation structure at Nova Labs is base salary + equity.
- Nova Labs is a remote-first company and takes a market-based approach to base salary pay.
- Pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into tiers based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. For candidates outside of metro market areas, we use the state average.
- The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions.
- The salary pay scale for the target experience and target skill set across all locations for this role: $164,800 - $237,000
- We are a remote-first company
- 100% company-paid health insurance premiums (medical, dental, and vision) for you and your dependents
- Unlimited paid vacation and paid company holidays
- Vacation stipend
- Monthly wellness/gym stipend
- Annual hardware stipend
- 401K plan
Nova Labs Headquarters Location
Nova Labs Company Size
Between 5 - 10 employees
Nova Labs Founded Year