Head of Client Experience - Abl SchoolsView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Head of Client Experience
- Job Location
- United States
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Abl believes every student deserves the opportunity to maximize their potential by making informed and meaningful choices about their lives and futures. Unfortunately, many students aren’t given the same opportunities due to systemic inequities perpetuated by outdated, unresponsive systems. Abl offers advanced, data-driven software and services to help K12 school and district leaders identify and remove those barriers to equity. The Abl team is made up of education leaders and experts working together with engineers, designers, and data scientists to build the tools schools districts need to shape pathways for each student to achieve success.
We are looking to add a talented Head of Client Experience to lead the vision and strategy of the Client Experience team to drive customer goals, product utilization, and revenue expansion. The role will involve a high degree of strategy, engagement, influence, and people management, often in collaboration with other departments.
Note to Candidates: Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they check all the boxes listed in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of our qualifications described.
In this role you will:
- Develop & Nurture the Client Experience Vision: Align strategy, success metrics, and execution within client experience and cross-functionally to create an impactful, cohesive, and scalable Client Experience for Abl’s customers and stakeholders that are data driven.
- Team Growth: Hire, build capacity, and scale the Client Experience team, including Client Success Managers, Customer Support, Subject Matter Experts, and facilitators to balance increased customer impact and value with recurring revenue and growth objectives. Promote a positive and inclusive company culture. Foster trust and transparency in order to create an environment that people can thrive in.
- Collaborate toward Impact: Continuously collaborate cross-functionally to improve the customer journey and implementation by identifying opportunities for new business value, new feature areas, unsupported use-cases, and pitfalls in the customer experience to resolve. Working in alignment with Sales, Marketing, R&D and Operations, ensure prospective and existing customers have clear expectations, established goals, and achieve year over year progress and impact with Abl that results in customer satisfaction and customer retention.
- Drive Customer Growth and Retention: Accountable for Customer Success revenue outcomes and KPIs such as increasing renewal rates, reducing churn, increasing future lifetime value, product adoption and satisfaction, NPS, and maintaining healthy referrals and customer advocates.
- Strategic Account Management: Establish processes and execution to maximize long term student impact and retaining client revenue, working cross-functionally internally and externally to understand pain points, client goals, district dynamics, timeline and resources management.
- Refine and scale Delivery & Implementation: Standardize and scale implementation plans, ensure customers receive consistent and expected Abl touchpoints, balance responsive and timely support with internal margin objectives and execution realities.
- Maximize customer experience & Abl value: establish best-practices for onboarding, customer success planning, training and support, and increasing product adoption to ensure customers realize the full value of Abl’s products and services to reach goals for their schools, staff, and students.
- Champion Impact: Promote and advocate for a customer-centric and impact-oriented culture within the team and across the organization. Establish practices and channels that create positive feedback loops, increasing value to the customer and Abl.
Ideal candidate has:
- At least 5+ years of Customer Success leadership experience in a SaaS environment, preferably in the EdTech space
- Experience building and managing Customer Success and Services teams in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a strong strategic vision for the customer experience, professional services, and customer support
- The ability to architect services and support delivery models that align with current customer segments, deliver customer value and scale with growth projections
- A strong customer advocate with the ability and willingness to engage directly with customers
- A track record of developing and mentoring great talent, and building and motivating high achieving teams
- The skills to be a data-driven decision maker, with a willingness to experiment and iterate
- Understanding of the balance between internal services, external partners and how to use both effectively to support customers and grow quickly
- Proven ability to develop strong working relationships in a matrixed environment and establishing a high level of credibility across functional lines of business (ie: Sales, Product, Marketing)
- Strong understanding of project management & implementation within a services environment
- Leadership/Management skills including development of talent, strategic planning, budgeting, operation/process focus, and creative thinking
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously as well as effectively collaborate across teams and to work in a diverse, fast paced environment
- Empathetic, great communicator, knows when to speak up and when to listen. Communicates effectively internally and externally at various levels of hierarchy from executives, leaders, program/initiative owners, to family stakeholders, district IT teams, and other audiences as well as delivering presentations before large audience
- Ability to travel to customers as needed
Bonus Points if:
- Ideally combined background of post-sale and sales experience
- Data driven mindset with a deep experience in business analytics
- Proven experience using customer relationship management tools such as Salesforce.
- Proven expertise in analyzing and reporting support operations metrics.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field; MBA preferred
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible PTO for our employees to use as needed
- Stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in Abl's success
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision) subsidized up-to 100%
- Remote first company with in-person events throughout the year
- Generous Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance for your growing families
- Pre-tax benefits including 401k, FSA, and HSA with $1000 towards the account
- Learning & Development opportunities and reimbursements for further professional training
Abl employees share a passion for revolutionizing education through school design, whether or not they have prior experience working in the field. We value diversity of background and thought. We strive to create a safe and supportive environment where trust, communication, creativity, and humility are valued as highly as technical skills. We believe shared ownership builds a more resilient company, and we tackle hard problems, together. If that sounds like your dream work environment, we look forward to hearing from you.
Abl Schools Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Abl Schools Company Size
Between 20 - 100 employees
Abl Schools Founded Year
Abl Schools Funding Rounds