Head of Broker Relations - AlphaSenseView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Head of Broker Relations
- Job Location
- New York, New York, United States
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Location: New York, NY
Reports to: Global Head of Broker Relations
AlphaSense is a market intelligence platform used by the world's leading companies and financial institutions. Since 2011, our AI-based technology has helped professionals make smarter business decisions by delivering insights from an extensive universe of public and private content—including company filings, event transcripts, news, trade journals, and equity research. Our platform is trusted by over 3,500 enterprise customers, including a majority of the S&P 500. Headquartered in New York City, AlphaSense employs over 1,000 people across offices in the U.S., U.K., Finland, and India. For more information, please visit www.alpha-sense.com.
Expert Insights by AlphaSense is a searchable database of investor-led expert interviews based on one-on-one calls with former executives, customers, competitors, and channel participants across a breadth of industries. With our proprietary AI search technology, we help the leading financial institutions get up to speed about a company, market, or industry in seconds.
About the Team:
The Content organization is responsible for identifying, creating, licensing and integrating best-in-class unstructured and structured data that is both self-sourced and from third-party content providers. The various Content teams report to the Chief Content Officer and have strategy, product management, operations and support responsibilities for each Content vertical. We have been experiencing a rapid growth cycle across all content sets. We value and uphold transparency, trust, and accountability in our relationships within the team and with internal and external stakeholders.
About the Role:
AlphaSense seeks an individual with an in-depth knowledge of the research written and distributed by Sell-Side Research Departments and Independent Research Firms. This individual will also have existing contacts within the research departments of the global and larger regional Sell-Side Research Departments. Understanding the workflows and entitlement requirements of the contributing firms and consumers: buy-side/sell-side, investment banking, consultants, corporates and other client types is essential. This individual strives to deeply understand what research and data matters to these users and delivers new content and related partnerships to meet those desires.
Who You Are:
- Experience in financial services at a research/content vendor and/or client with a specific focus on Investment Research required.
- Solid existing relationships with and knowledge of various research/content providers.
- Strong experience with commercial and contractual negotiation with research contributors, including the ability to creatively navigate through complex commercial terms and blockers to result in mutually agreeable and beneficial terms for all parties.
- Effective communication skills while working with internal colleagues and external research contributor contacts at all levels
- Subject-matter expertise with research feeds, metadata, assorted document and research delivery types is a plus.
- Experience working with globally distributed teams in different time zones
- Strong analytical skills and outstanding attention to detail
- A superior ability to set priorities, stay focused, and meet deadlines
- Solid Excel/Word/PowerPoint/Google Sheets/Google Docs/Google Slides experience
- B2B SaaS and/or enterprise software application company experience is a plus.
What You’ll Do:
Develop new relationships and manage ongoing relationships with key decision makers (DOR, COO and Research Distribution Managers) of Sell-Side Research Departments and Independent Research Firms.
- Prospect for new research sources and partners, creating and maintaining a constant pipeline of opportunities.
- Introduce ideas for new research/content to be considered for integration into the AlphaSense product.
- Directly manage the relationship with the largest contributors in the Americas.
- Negotiate commercial and contractual arrangements with new research/content partners.
- Manage renewals and renegotiation as necessary with existing research/content partners.
- Assist in project management of partnership initiatives with research/content providers.
- Analyze other relevant competing products in the market and interact with customers to understand their workflows and pain points and gather and document actionable feedback.
- In coordination with the research product managers and other stakeholders, contribute to the successful launch of research/content into the market, including the creation of announcements, marketing collateral, documentation, user training and internal training.
- Monitor usage of research within the AlphaSense products and coordinate with Finance on research provider royalty calculations and reporting.
- Track industry trends and deliver competitive intelligence to better evolve product vision.
- Lead a small team of Broker Relations members also focused on these responsibilities.
AlphaSense is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling AlphaSense’s commitment to equal employment opportunity. AlphaSense does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any other non-merit factor. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at AlphaSense, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination.
In addition, it is the policy of AlphaSense to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances where a particular employee works.
Base Compensation Range*: $175,000 - $250,000
Additional Components: You may also be offered a performance-based bonus, equity, and a generous benefits program.
*For base compensation, we set standard ranges for all US-based roles based on function, level and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies and internal comparables. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including geographic location as well as candidate experience/expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Discover job listings, tech companies, startups, investors, job listings, funding rounds, industries, and tech stacks.Get EmployblBook a demo call
Get periodic emails about startups and the tech job market
Employbl Newsletter is about helping you find jobs and understand the tech job market. Read previous issues.
AlphaSense Headquarters Location
AlphaSense Company Size
Between 10 - 50 employees
AlphaSense Founded Year
AlphaSense Total Amount Raised
AlphaSense Funding RoundsView funding details