Hardware Test Engineer, Validation - ParallelView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Hardware Test Engineer, Validation
- Job Location
- Los Angeles, CA
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Parallel Systems is a Series A startup company developing the future of intermodal transportation. Our mission is to decarbonize freight while improving supply chain logistics and safety. We are developing vehicles and software to create new autonomous and electric transportation systems for existing rail infrastructure.
At Parallel Systems, we value the team as much as the mission. We want to work with talented people who are humble, motivated, and persistent. Our most successful team members are self-starters and collaborate with others to reach our collective goals.As a Hardware Test Engineer, you will be responsible for validating the performance of our autonomous rail vehicles. You will work closely with other engineers (including electrical, mechanical, and software) to derive system requirements and develop the corresponding test systems. You are passionate about autonomous vehicle development and will bring that enthusiasm to solving challenging problems in pursuit of a reliable and scalable testing ecosystem. As an early employee at a fast-moving startup, you will work on a multitude of technical projects and help shape the direction of the company.
- Design and maintain test solutions for in-house developed electronics components and systems
- Define and develop test cases using Python
- Support testing and data analysis to identify and root-cause issues
- Mentor other engineers and contribute to the team's technical growth
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a similar discipline
- 3+ years of experience with hardware development or electronics test engineering
- Experience using common test equipment such as power supplies, DAQs, DMMs, and oscilloscopes
- Proficient in interpreting electronics schematics and wiring diagrams
- Experience with software development, in Python, C, C++, Rust or similar language
- 5+ years of experience with hardware development or electronics test engineering
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or a similar Engineering discipline
- Experience with Hardware-in-the-Loop testing or hardware validation/acceptance testing
- Experience with environmental testing, e.g., MIL-STD-810, IEC 60068
- Experience in power electronics testing including power converters, battery chargers, and motor controllers
- Experience with optics calibration and testing
- Experience with soldering, crimping and use of other hand tools for electronics integration and repair
$105,000/year to $180,000/year + equity + benefits
Please note the national salary range listed in the job posting reflects the new hire salary range across levels that would be applicable to the position. Final salary will be commensurate with the candidate’s final level. Also, this range represents base salary only and does not include equity or benefits, if applicable.
Parallel Systems is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any discriminatory factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people can come to do their best work.
Parallel Systems is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Parallel Systems will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact your recruiter.
Parallel Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Parallel Company Size
Between 10 - 1,000 employees
Parallel Founded Year
Parallel Total Amount Raised
Parallel Funding RoundsView funding details